Windows 10: Just reset my computer but now my mouse and keyboard arent working...

Discus and support Just reset my computer but now my mouse and keyboard arent working... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really need this pc for homework and studying for my midterms, I just reset windows 10 cause the pc was acting up, so I left the pc afk while it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ayaan780, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Just reset my computer but now my mouse and keyboard arent working...

I really need this pc for homework and studying for my midterms, I just reset windows 10 cause the pc was acting up, so I left the pc afk while it was updating and I just came back to it on the windows screen but my keyboard and mouse are not responding, please help me out I think it may be because of the drivers, any way i can reinstall the drivers without control of the pc? Like using a USB with them already downloaded, Please help me out I will appreciate it alot.

submitted by /u/ayaan780
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ayaan780, Dec 19, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Just reset my computer but now my mouse and keyboard arent working...

Mouse and keyboard drivers arent working.

Hi Berat,

Keyboards and the PC's mouse are actually plug and play devices. They use the generic drivers on the PC. What could have been affected during the reset were the drivers of your USB ports. To properly isolate the issue, we suggest accessing your PC's BIOS
    settings, and trying to use the keyboard there. If it doesn't work, then this could already be a hardware issue.

We're here for your updates.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Just reset my computer but now my mouse and keyboard arent working...

1. Just reset my computer but now my mouse and keyboard arent working... - Similar Threads - reset computer mouse

2. Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working: before it was working ,my bios setting usb legacy mode turned on,my keyboard and mouse is working in recovery mode,i also tried using other mouse and keyboard ,tried using other ports still not working in setup page...
  3. Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working: before it was working ,my bios setting usb legacy mode turned on,my keyboard and mouse is working in recovery mode,i also tried using other mouse and keyboard ,tried using other ports still not working in setup page...
  4. Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer: My keyboard and mouse are not working on my computer but if plugged into others computer, it work like normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working-in-my-computer/bdb5aea9-5b98-4e4d-aeb0-87e7216ca39d
  6. Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer: My keyboard and mouse are not working on my computer but if plugged into others computer, it work like normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working-in-my-computer/bdb5aea9-5b98-4e4d-aeb0-87e7216ca39d
  7. Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. deleted my mouse and keyboard driver now keyboard and mouse not working.

deleted my mouse and keyboard driver now keyboard and mouse not working.: Hi,I deleted my mouse and keyboard driver, restarted my pc and my mouse and keyboard are not working anymore. I have tried to enter to my bios but my monitor wont open but when I just open my pc regularly my monitor open to the login screen.please help....
  9. moved my computer, now USB mouse and keyboard not working

moved my computer, now USB mouse and keyboard not working: Hello, I just moved my PC into a different room. When I plugged in the USB mouse and USB keyboard, I got a notification saying it was setting up the mouse/keyboard. A few seconds later, I get a message that the mouse/keyboard is now set up. But neither the mouse nor the...
  10. Cant reset Windows because mouse & keyboard arent working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant reset Windows because mouse & keyboard arent working.: hey everyone. since a few days ive been trying to reset my windows without succes. everytime i get into the setup window it asks me to pick a keyboard language while at that point i am not able to either use my mouse or keyboard. ive tried the following things. 1. use a...