Windows 10: Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load

Discus and support Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I restart now I see the motherboard boot and then it says "preparing automatic repair" then it brings me to a "Choose an Option" screen with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stepsandladders, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load

When I restart now I see the motherboard boot and then it says "preparing automatic repair" then it brings me to a "Choose an Option" screen with the options being Continue, use a device, troubleshoot, or turn off. Continue restarts the computer and repeats the cycle. I don't have a device, and all the troubleshoot options (startup repair, startup settings, uninstall updates) don't do anything. I can go to command prompt and tried to edit the boot manager there but it says the file can't be found. What the hell is going on? Do I have to reset my system? Will that even work? Any insights would be very welcome here, this came out of nowhere and I would really like to be able to use my computer.

submitted by /u/stepsandladders
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stepsandladders, Sep 15, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load

1. Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load - Similar Threads - restarted install update

2. Windows Update Failed and won't restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Failed and won't restart now: After installing this cumulative update, on reboot it said something went wrong and it was rolled back. Now I see this in my Windows Update and the Download & install button doesn't work. Is there a way to force a retry? Maybe from the command line?...
  3. Windows Update Failed and won't restart now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Failed and won't restart now: After installing this cumulative update, on reboot it said something went wrong and it was rolled back. Now I see this in my Windows Update and the Download & install button doesn't work. Is there a way to force a retry? Maybe from the command line?...
  4. Windows Update Won't Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Won't Load: Hello. When I try to open Windows Update, I get an endless loop of loading dots across the top of the window. There are updates waiting to be installed. If I go to restart my laptop, I have the option to update and restart, however it does not install the updates if selected....
  5. Deleted a certificate and now Windows won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted a certificate and now Windows won't load: Hi there, so a few days ago I started to get random freezes. I updated drivers, scanned viruses/malware, scanned for RAM/disk/Windows errors, and it still seems to happen.Tonight I remembered about the Event Viewer, and after checking right after a freeze happened, it always...
  6. Why won't Windows 10 update? It just restarts instead of updating...

Why won't Windows 10 update? It just restarts instead of updating...: Windows had a feature update that I went to install. It said it downloaded it and needed to restart to install the update. So I did, but nothing updated, it just broke.I check windows update window and it either loads indefinitely, or the update window is black.When I open...
  7. Failed update, now Windows won't load.

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed update, now Windows won't load.: Good day all, I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit (Don't know the exact version number as I don't have access to Windows ATM) I was informed I needed to do the most recent update, so I attempted to do so, but when I returned to my computer it was stuck at something like 53%. I...
  8. Just updated to windows 2004 and now it’s just been loading for minutes ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just updated to windows 2004 and now it’s just been loading for minutes ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TotallyTupac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0j7w2/just_updated_to_windows_2004_and_now_its_just/
  9. update now facebook won't load

update now facebook won't load: My PC just did an update, now can't get facebook to load on either chrome or firefox it will load on IE just not the two browsers i actually use. it was all fine before the update any help would be appreciated...
  10. Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart

Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart: The system tries to push the update 1803 on a regular basis, but each time it fails to reboot. It hangs after the first BIOS initialisation and Windows tries to take over. Luckily I can get reset the PC and Windows recovers the PC to the former status. It shows the...