Windows 10: Just restored my computer, but not seeing original Version 1809 update information in...

Discus and support Just restored my computer, but not seeing original Version 1809 update information in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was having problems with my system booting and not showing me the correct sign in scene. In an effort to insure that I had the correct items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChuckV1, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ChuckV1 Win User

Just restored my computer, but not seeing original Version 1809 update information in...

I was having problems with my system booting and not showing me the correct sign in scene. In an effort to insure that I had the correct items loading, I decided to restore the system back to a 1/18/2019 system image from a portable drive. The backup worked well and is booting correctly, as it did prior to the problem. (I see the ocean cave sign-in scene as opposed to the mountains and lake sign-in scene.)

After the restore and after checking with other users, the computer is running v1809, OS Build 17763.292 which is the latest version. The computer was updated to v1809 on 1/12/2019 and there was one item listed in the Feature Update and 3 under the Quality Updates.

QUESTION: Why is my Update History not showing the original v1809 Feature Update, nor the original 3 Quality updates? It does show 2 Quality Updates from this morning, 1/23/2019. The two updates listed are KB4476976 and KB4481031 as "Successfully installed on ‎1/‎23/‎2019". The system seems to be working ok, but I thought it was odd.

cv

:)

ChuckV1, Jan 24, 2019
  2. ChuckV1 Win User

Just restored my computer, but not seeing original Version 1809 update information in Update History.

I was having problems with my system booting and not showing me the correct sign in scene. In an effort to insure that I had the correct items loading, I decided to restore the system back to a 1/18/2019 system image from a portable drive. The backup worked
    well and is booting correctly, as it did prior to the problem. (I see the ocean cave sign-in scene as opposed to the mountains and lake sign-in scene.)

After the restore and after checking with other users, the computer is running v1809, OS Build 17763.292 which is the latest version. The computer was updated to v1809 on 1/12/2019 and there was one item listed in the Feature Update and 3 under the Quality
    Updates.

QUESTION: Why is my Update History not showing the original v1809 Feature Update, nor the original 3 Quality updates? It does show 2 Quality Updates from this morning, 1/23/2019. The two updates listed are KB4476976
    and KB4481031 as "Successfully installed on ‎1/‎23/‎2019". The system seems to be working ok, but I thought it was odd.

cv

ChuckV1, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 16, 2019
  4. groze Win User

Just restored my computer, but not seeing original Version 1809 update information in...

Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

I was going to do that for my benefit because of the way I have my partitions setup and to be legal with the EULA that isn't a step by step instruction. Right now I am waiting to see if build 10240 is actually the release build and yes I know at lot of people don't believe 10240 is the release version. I still may need to do that if build 10240 is not the release version.

groze, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Just restored my computer, but not seeing original Version 1809 update information in... - Similar Threads - restored computer seeing

2. Updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 and now can't see my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 and now can't see my documents: My computer automatically updated Windows to version 1809. All of my apps are still installed, but my documents folder is empty, my desktop files are gone, and my app defaults (such as internet browser and taskbar) have changed. I have tried signing out and signing back in...
  3. Photos App Restore original version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Restore original version: The original Photos App was wonderful (Pre-2016). The updated version(s) are/where terrible. Someone provided a real working solution to restore the original Photos App in a thread here a while ago but I cannot find that thread. The method involved uninstalling and...
  4. Restoring computer to original windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring computer to original windows: I had bought a windows 8 laptop/ tablet computer. One of my friends upgraded it to windows 10. And few day later i realized the touch screen and the whole tablet features got disabled. It tried everything to enable touch screen. It said it was on when it still not...
  5. Windows 10 update from version 1809 to version 1903 crashed my computer...

Windows 10 update from version 1809 to version 1903 crashed my computer...: ....now it's stuck in an endless cycle of booting, recovering from the update by using the external USB memory and "Undoing changes made to your computer"...and rebooting into the same cycle again....
  6. Not seeing Windows 1809 update

Not seeing Windows 1809 update: My PC is up to date on Windows 10 Pro 1803 Why am I not seeing any updates for version 1809? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-seeing-windows-1809-update/a788eb18-057c-41d1-a247-aa16deacdf1b
  7. Update to version 1809

Update to version 1809: Hi I trying to update my laptop windows to version 1809, currently using 1803. I am only getting code 0x0073b01, can somebody help me out? Danrick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-version-1809/bec2fdc7-935f-48a0-852f-b0b1afe06beb
  8. Update to version 1809

Update to version 1809: Where can I find a list of the machines & software that are not compatible with version of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-version-1809/ad465a55-4915-40f1-b8da-7ce5d4f58977
  9. After updating my computer to version 1809, my computer is overloaded with cpu, especially...

After updating my computer to version 1809, my computer is overloaded with cpu, especially...: I need support[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-my-computer-to-version-1809-my/6533394f-e1cd-4bbb-8e38-ecdb268bf449
  10. Version 1809 update

Version 1809 update: I just bought a new computer and it did all the updates that were overdue when I turned it on back on 10/22/2018. The version 1803 was updated. Now, today, 12/14/2018, when I click on "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date but my laptop just did the version 1809 update...