Windows 10: just run microsoft update and my wifi settings went missing

Discus and support just run microsoft update and my wifi settings went missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have spent 30 minutes switched off wifi in house so can't use anything still not corrected when I turned it back on although phone and work computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuliePhillips5, Mar 26, 2021.

1. just run microsoft update and my wifi settings went missing

I have spent 30 minutes switched off wifi in house so can't use anything

still not corrected when I turned it back on although phone and work computer not affected only laptop so it can only be the update

checked using phone to find different resolution

there is no WIFI option in my settings so most of the on line help really isn't

have uninstalled the update and laptop now working again

why does microsoft interfere with my wifi settings?

:)

JuliePhillips5, Mar 26, 2021

2. Wifi settings are missing

Hello,

My Wifi settings are missing. I tried the steps as given in: Wi-Fi settings are missing in Surfacebut
    that didn't solve the issue.

Here some details:

• Windows 10 home / 1709 / 16299.125
    • I installed all Windows udpates.
    • In device manager I don't see under networkadapter the Marvell Avastar.
    • The troubleshooter didn't solve the problem.
    • Problem started a week ago, reason is unknown.
    • I don't know which surface I have, or what surface even is.

Hopefully someone can help me to get the wifi settings back, need internet wireless.

Mattaboy10, Mar 26, 2021
  3. WIFI setting tab is missing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Do not worry, it can be fixed.

Restart Surface and check.

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing updates or damaged drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Can’t connect to a wireless network:

Official Home of Microsoft Surface Computers, Laptops, 2-in-1’s, & Devices

Wi-Fi settings are missing:

Wi-Fi settings are missing in Surface

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 26, 2021
  4. just run microsoft update and my wifi settings went missing

wifi network list and taskbar wifi icon is missing after windows10 update

after windows10 KB4486561 update my wifi icon and wifi list disappeared. My wifi is working very well though. I tried all suggested solution here:

Fix: Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10

and here

Windows could not start Error 1068: The dependency or group failed to start the WLAN Auto Config serviceon the local computer.

but none of them worked for me. Also I tried to start "network list" service but it popped up error message and it didn't work either. How can I solve this problem?

here is my icon list from settings :

..and here is my taskbar

Erdem Caner, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

just run microsoft update and my wifi settings went missing

1. just run microsoft update and my wifi settings went missing - Similar Threads - run microsoft update

2. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  4. WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows: I got this long update today and I insanely wait for it. After installing the update I cant connect on my WIFI. So, I use my ethernet cord to connect however when I unplug it and try to connect using WIFI again the icon is missing on my system tray. I cant even see the WIFI...
  5. WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows

WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows: I got this long update today and I insanely wait for it. After installing the update I cant connect on my WIFI. So, I use my ethernet cord to connect however when I unplug it and try to connect using WIFI again the icon is missing on my system tray. I cant even see the WIFI...
  6. WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi network adapter went missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter went missing: Hello, I am in need of getting my wifi network adapter back. I have no option to see it or try to connect to my wifi. My wifi is working on other devices and was working fine until 2 days ago....
  8. Wifi network adapter went missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi network adapter went missing: Hello, I am in need of getting my wifi network adapter back. I have no option to see it or try to connect to my wifi. My wifi is working on other devices and was working fine until 2 days ago....
  9. Wifi network adapter went missing

10. Windows 10 Settings went missing after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings went missing after update: I can not access my settings no way possible.If you go into thewindows startup it is not even in the menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-went-missing-after-update/b91930e0-3f93-4fc7-899a-f055c6c97eec