Windows 10: Just setup a new pc with a wifi enabled motherboard and can’t find any options to use a...

Discus and support Just setup a new pc with a wifi enabled motherboard and can’t find any options to use a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DockPockers [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnaiah/just_setup_a_new_pc_with_a_wifi_enabled/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DockPockers, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Just setup a new pc with a wifi enabled motherboard and can’t find any options to use a...

/u/DockPockers, Apr 9, 2021

2. New computer setup wifi not working

I am trying to set up a new Lenovo IdeaCentre A540 Series all-in-one running Windows 10 Home. When it was walking through the initial setup, it detected several nearby WiFi networks. I had a problem getting the mouse connected and was not able to set the WiFi network. It was turned off and back on and then, upon getting back to that step, did not detect any WiFi. In Network and Internet settings it has no WiFi adapter listed and no WiFi options anywhere. I did make sure network discovery was turned on and I checked in Device Manager that the network adapter was enabled, but it doesn’t show up anywhere but in Device Manager.

Under Network Properties, it does list WiFi and says “Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter”, status not present and connectivity disconnected. Under Device Manager I don’t see that adapter, it shows “Realtek PCle GbE Family Controller”, which appears to be the Ethernet adapter maybe? and a variety of WAN Miniports.

I’ve pretty much maxed out my knowledge here and I can’t find this exact issue when I search, so any advice would be much appreciated. Trying to help my stepdad set up to work from home during the pandemic...

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, now it's working. I realized I could show hidden devices in Device Manager, so I found the wireless adapter there. It was showing as not connected, so I shut down and dragged everything to another room and connected an ethernet cable, whereupon the wireless adapter started working perfectly. Maybe it was turning it off and back on the third time that worked, who knows...

Courtnet85, Apr 9, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Just setup a new pc with a wifi enabled motherboard and can’t find any options to use a...

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Just setup a new pc with a wifi enabled motherboard and can’t find any options to use a...

1. Just setup a new pc with a wifi enabled motherboard and can’t find any options to use a... - Similar Threads - setup wifi enabled

2. Couldn’t find any ethernet or wifi option for pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn’t find any ethernet or wifi option for pc: I just replaced my motherboard, cpu and, rams. But when I turn on the pc I just got stuck at the entering the password screen because I couldn’t connect to any network even tho my ethernet cable is plugged in and my antenna is also plugged in. I already tried to reset the...
  3. Couldn’t find any ethernet or wifi option for pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn’t find any ethernet or wifi option for pc: I just replaced my motherboard, cpu and, rams. But when I turn on the pc I just got stuck at the entering the password screen because I couldn’t connect to any network even tho my ethernet cable is plugged in and my antenna is also plugged in. I already tried to reset the...
  4. Computer can’t find any Wifi at all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer can’t find any Wifi at all?: Hello,I was using my computers storage sense and automatic cleanups provided by Windows 10 to create storage on my discs, but while running this my wifi suddenly disconnected and now there are no longer any WiFi networks showing up at all. I’ve attempted to restart my...
  5. Computer can’t find any Wifi at all?

Computer can’t find any Wifi at all?: Hello,I was using my computers storage sense and automatic cleanups provided by Windows 10 to create storage on my discs, but while running this my wifi suddenly disconnected and now there are no longer any WiFi networks showing up at all. I’ve attempted to restart my...
  6. Computer can’t find any Wifi at all?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option: I just finished building my first PC and I have run into a big issue. I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in but I have no wifi option in my network/internet page. I dont know if I have wifi drivers. I'm struggling and I don't know what to do. Im hoping...
  8. New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option: I just finished building my first PC and I have run into a big issue. I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in but I have no wifi option in my network/internet page. I dont know if I have wifi drivers. I'm struggling and I don't know what to do. Im hoping...
  9. New Motherboard Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Motherboard Setup: Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will there be issues if someone uses the old PC/motherboard or cause my new PC to run slower or access to my MS account?...
  10. New Motherboard Setup

New Motherboard Setup: Forgot to "deactivate" Windows 10 Home key from old PC and reactivated on new PC. Will there be issues if someone uses the old PC/motherboard or cause my new PC to run slower or access to my MS account?...