Windows 10: just signed on and destop looks like a new user. how to get to my desktop

Discus and support just signed on and destop looks like a new user. how to get to my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Apparently my machine updated. Now I am not able to get to my desktop. Current desktop is like a new user. How do I get my desktop back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RebeccaDossman, Aug 24, 2019.

1. just signed on and destop looks like a new user. how to get to my desktop

Apparently my machine updated. Now I am not able to get to my desktop. Current desktop is like a new user. How do I get my desktop back.

:)

RebeccaDossman, Aug 24, 2019

2. Jigsaw can't sign in

Another solution you may perform is to sign in to the game using a different user account.
    This can help us determine if this is due to corrupted account data. Refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using. Sign in to the game and check if the same issue occurs.
    If you don't have other accounts, kindly create a new one. See Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for the steps. Make sure to set the account as an administrator.

If it works using the new account, this proves to be due to a corrupted user data. We suggest transferring your data to the new account. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select File Explorer.
    • Choose This PC and double-click Local Disk (Cjust signed on and destop looks like a new user.  how to get to my desktop :).
    • Click Users.
    • Copy all the folders inside the old user profile to the new user profile.
    • Restart your device and sign in to the new user account.
    • Check if you can see all the files you've copied. Your new user account should look like your old one. However, you'll need to change the desktop background.
    Notify us with the results.

Catherine Cus., Aug 24, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 24, 2019
  4. just signed on and destop looks like a new user. how to get to my desktop

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

just signed on and destop looks like a new user. how to get to my desktop

1. just signed on and destop looks like a new user. how to get to my desktop - Similar Threads - signed destop looks

2. When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...: My business account was created by my admin about a week ago. It uses our domain as the email address i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've been trying to make an account on Microsoft Windows using this address so I can keep my personal and business accounts...
  3. When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to sign in my account, I get the error "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft...: My business account was created by my admin about a week ago. It uses our domain as the email address i.e. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've been trying to make an account on Microsoft Windows using this address so I can keep my personal and business accounts...
  4. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?: First to explain when I noticed it: After fixing a problem with my Desktop I did something to let my Computer think it was D:, fixed it my users/… folder appeared in Desktop folder. I can copy the users/…folder and do other things with it, but I can‘t cut it out and now don‘t...
  5. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?: First to explain when I noticed it: After fixing a problem with my Desktop I did something to let my Computer think it was D:, fixed it my users/… folder appeared in Desktop folder. I can copy the users/…folder and do other things with it, but I can‘t cut it out and now don‘t...
  6. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how do i get my folder to look like this?????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i get my folder to look like this?????: [ATTACH] how do i get my folder to look like this? i did something that made it look like that at one point but then i fucked it up. i know this is a simple question but windows 10 interface is so unnecessarily confusing sometimes....
  8. Just got back home and my desktop is looking like this, any ideas? It's not the monitor...

Just got back home and my desktop is looking like this, any ideas? It's not the monitor...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spedimall [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcenx1/just_got_back_home_and_my_desktop_is_looking_like/
  9. Desktop looks like this,can anyone help

Desktop looks like this,can anyone help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigpeepeeCactus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hez0bf/desktop_looks_like_thiscan_anyone_help/
  10. Looking at a new desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at a new desktop: Would it be possible for some advice on this desktop,As I could be looking for something new and to upgrade the one I have now. Many thanks. Chillblast Fusion Centurion - Skylake PC :: Systems less than £750 :: Choose a desktop by price :: Desktops :: Chillblast The...