Windows 10: Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21

Discus and support Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Wow what a absolutely horrible user experience. After an hour I still can't get it work. From Windows, I click "Add my phone" and this makes me enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xnfd, Mar 30, 2021.

1. /u/xnfd Win User

Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21

Wow what a absolutely horrible user experience. After an hour I still can't get it work.

From Windows, I click "Add my phone" and this makes me enter a phone number to send a text message to. When I open the text message, it just opens the Google Play store for Microsoft Launcher. OK, I don't want to replace the entire friggin Launcher of my phone but I'll play along. I install the launcher and of course, it doesn't say anything about setting up Link Your Phone. But somehow my phone shows up in the list on Windows. Progress!

Samsung already integrated "Your phone" app into the settings drawer, so I open it up and it just refuses to sync. The phone wants me to scan a QR code but the Windows Phone app only wants to send a text message and nothing happens aftewards. With alternate method, the phone just gets stuck on "check your PC" forever.

Plenty of troubleshootin guides say to reset the "Your phone" app on Windows 10, but this no longer shows up when you search in Apps & Features.

Meanwhile I can download Airmore, scan a QR code from my browser and It Just Works in 5 seconds.

submitted by /u/xnfd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xnfd, Mar 30, 2021
  2. tictag Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Unable to connect Windows 10 Your Phone app to Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app, error reported: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Step To Recreate

1. Windows 10: Your Phone app, click 'Phone Screen'
    2. Windows 10: Your Phone app, "We need permission to display your phone screen"
    3. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Connected to Your Phone app on <hostname>"
    4. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Accept connection?" > Accept
    5. Windows 10: Your Phone App, ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Points To Note

• Windows 10 device is connected via WiFi to Galaxy S10's WiFi hotspot i.e. tethered
    • Galaxy S10 device is connected to the Internet via the mobile phone network
    • Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app is configured to "Use mobile data"
    • Both Windows 10 Your Phone app and Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app connected to same Microsoft account
    • All other Windows 10 Your Phone app features work flawlessly e.g. Calls, Messages, Photos, Notifications etc

Anyone know how to fix this? Everything else works fine, just this feature is broken.

Troubleshooting

• Updated all apps
    • Updated Windows 10
    • Updated Galaxy S10
    • Uninstalled / reinstalled / reconnected all apps
    • Factory reset Galaxy S10
    • Prayed

Software Versions

Windows 10 Your Phone App v1.20051.93.0

Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows v1.20041.82.0

Screenshots

Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21 6974c614-df69-4789-a9fd-b25afd72fc51?upload=true.png

tictag, Mar 30, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User
    esim for phones ? Any help please

The Samsung S21 was a big upgrade for me since my old phone was as Samsung S7. I bought the base 128GB model. I can live with that because if I fill it up I will just move photos and videos to my computer.

Another difference between the S20 & S21 is that the S21 does not include a power adapter or USB-C headset. When I ordered the S21 I had to buy the Samsung 25W adapter separately. Samsung 25W adapter does not include a USB cable since they assume you have the one that came with the phone.

Only the Samsung S21 Ultra supports the S Pen.

The new S Pen will be available as an optional $39.99 accessory, and Samsung says the S21 Ultra will also work with S Pens from other Galaxy Note or Galaxy Tab devices.

Samsung is selling cases with S Pen carrying slots, which cost $69.99 when bundled with the stylus.

MisterEd, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21

Looking for a decent phone

For your usage I would suggest an Android phone with removable battery and microSD card slot ... Samsng Galaxy S3 is fine phone and should become cheaper soon with S4 around the corner.

BiggieShady, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21

1. Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21 - Similar Threads - spent hour trying

2. I just spent half an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just spent half an hour: trying to talk to someone at MS. Isn't it awesome that when a company gets your money they no longer feel the need to even acknowledge you?Need any help? We'll set up a hamster cage that you can run round and round in.There, was I polite enough in this post so it won't be...
  3. I just spent half an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just spent half an hour: trying to talk to someone at MS. Isn't it awesome that when a company gets your money they no longer feel the need to even acknowledge you?Need any help? We'll set up a hamster cage that you can run round and round in.There, was I polite enough in this post so it won't be...
  4. Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...

Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...: Following recent updates Samsung Galaxy and Windows 11 Phone Link connection between Samsung S21 Ultra and Surface Pro 8 no longer working correctly. Tried complete reset of apps and connection both Phone and Surface Pro.New connection sequence partially works but fails to...
  5. Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...: Following recent updates Samsung Galaxy and Windows 11 Phone Link connection between Samsung S21 Ultra and Surface Pro 8 no longer working correctly. Tried complete reset of apps and connection both Phone and Surface Pro.New connection sequence partially works but fails to...
  6. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  7. Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?: I am running Windows 10 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and have been using the Phone Link app for a while. Suddenly, in the last week or so my contact information is not appearing with incoming texts, only phone numbers. What happened and what can I do about it. Thank you in...
  8. Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?

Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?: I am running Windows 10 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and have been using the Phone Link app for a while. Suddenly, in the last week or so my contact information is not appearing with incoming texts, only phone numbers. What happened and what can I do about it. Thank you in...
  9. hours spent trying to get Verification code which is not being sent to Landline Home Phone...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    hours spent trying to get Verification code which is not being sent to Landline Home Phone...: Trying to get Verification code which is not being sent to Landline Home Phone. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hours-spent-trying-to-get-verification-code-which/4c430f91-ab71-42e3-8a05-255eac9e7a86
  10. Your Phone phone screen now working with Galaxy S9

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone phone screen now working with Galaxy S9: Maybe it works with others now too. I got the update to Android 10 last night then a new Your Phone update was available in the MS store. The Phone Screen option showed up. submitted by /u/zZIm_At_WorkZz [link] [comments]...