Windows 10: Just started getting this and idk how it happened. I tried to switch my account or something.

Discus and support Just started getting this and idk how it happened. I tried to switch my account or something. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xHardcorexGaming [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xHardcorexGaming, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Just started getting this and idk how it happened. I tried to switch my account or something.

/u/xHardcorexGaming, Jun 25, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Just started getting this and idk how it happened. I tried to switch my account or something.

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Just started getting this and idk how it happened. I tried to switch my account or something.

1. Just started getting this and idk how it happened. I tried to switch my account or something. - Similar Threads - started getting idk

2. "Something happened your pin isn't available" I tried everything but it asks for my account...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Something happened your pin isn't available" I tried everything but it asks for my account...: But cant login my pc please someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-your-pin-isnt-available-i-tried/a2cf49d5-a400-4c41-a33f-75c021c3faa6
  3. "Something happened your pin isn't available" I tried everything but it asks for my account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something happened your pin isn't available" I tried everything but it asks for my account...: But cant login my pc please someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-your-pin-isnt-available-i-tried/a2cf49d5-a400-4c41-a33f-75c021c3faa6
  4. "Something happened your pin isn't available" I tried everything but it asks for my account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. idk what even happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    idk what even happened: So I'm watching youtube on windows 10 when it freezes and I hear a noise that sounds kind of like static and faint letters appear on the video. then the whole chrome window showed the letters and the noise got louder. I then shut of the pc. I want to know what happened...
  6. Idk what happened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Idk what happened: So uh, I can't see my desktop, everything in my taskbar except for apps don't work, like for example the file explorer or even the calculator, if I tried to open them it would just say "class not registered" or "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist"...
  7. My son is now the admin on my computer and idk how it happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My son is now the admin on my computer and idk how it happened: Hello all like the title says, some how my son is now the admin on my computer and I have no idea how to change it. I added his account to the Xbox app so he can play his games and some how it changed in the Microsoft store I guess the computer. I've created a new account and...
  8. S mode get this error message Everytime I try to switch out of it. Says something happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    S mode get this error message Everytime I try to switch out of it. Says something happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wtaylor3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h031xp/s_mode_get_this_error_message_everytime_i_try_to/
  9. Idk what’s happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idk what’s happening: So my ctrl key is crouch in almost every game I play, and yesterday when i got home and wanted to play rust it didnt work. When i tried unbinding and re-binding it, it read the key as back space. It lets me play the game fine eccept when I press the tab key it brings up a...
  10. Windows freezing or something idk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing or something idk: Hi all I have this strange problem on windows 10 that sometimes my computer freezes but I can still interact with any open programs. I can't open the start menu or cortana, I can't open any programs, trying to run any program doesn't work, I can't open task manager or...