Windows 10: Just started yesterday-All in One flickers then turns off, like asleep

Discus and support Just started yesterday-All in One flickers then turns off, like asleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I hope this is right sub-forum and that it is okay to ask here though I dont know if the issue is specifically related to Windows (though Yes, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by angelgabbby, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Just started yesterday-All in One flickers then turns off, like asleep

Hi. I hope this is right sub-forum and that it is okay to ask here though I dont know if the issue is specifically related to Windows (though Yes, it is Windows 10 on it) or not...

I have a
    Vaio all in one desktop VGC-JS210J. It's used daily for simple things such as browsing. The only display problem it's had is sometimes it would suddenly go black then immediately come back on. It usually only happened after browsing for a long time or if Edge got opened, so I chalked it off to needing more memory probably.

It was working fine yesterday, then when sat at it about 30min later the screen wouldn't come on. I've found out that I can hit the sleep button on keyboard and after it goes into sleep (hd light goes off & mouse sleeps), I can wake it then by hitting any button. I get my screen back for anywhere between 10sec - 5 min (usually about 20-30 seconds), then it suddenly goes black like it's been turned off again. That is the ONLY way I can get it back on at all though. When restart it, it often stays on for about 45 sec - 2 minutes. I've noticed today that it often flickers before it turns off.
    Any clue?

Also, since it's an all-in-one, can I hook a separate monitor to it and use it?

P.S. Yes, I've tried it in Safe Mode too, but it still does it. I've also checked device manager but show no issues. (To get to those settings it takes billions of times of hitting the sleep button, waiting for it to go into sleep, then waking it)

:)

angelgabbby, Jan 16, 2020
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

3. Flickering Home Screen and No Start Menu

Hi Ben,

This issue could be caused due to some corrupt files or app conflicts. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:

The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn’t open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:

The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Use the same steps here as for Black Screen issues – if dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    [*]Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.

Bennet Martin, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Just started yesterday-All in One flickers then turns off, like asleep

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Just started yesterday-All in One flickers then turns off, like asleep

1. Just started yesterday-All in One flickers then turns off, like asleep - Similar Threads - started yesterday flickers

2. Help with screen flickering and turning off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with screen flickering and turning off.: Netflix makes my screen flicker static, and some games make my screen turn off for 2-6 seconds intermittently. I've been looking for a fix everywhere, but I cant find any....
  3. Help with screen flickering and turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with screen flickering and turning off.: Netflix makes my screen flicker static, and some games make my screen turn off for 2-6 seconds intermittently. I've been looking for a fix everywhere, but I cant find any....
  4. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  5. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  6. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

7. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  8. The second monitor flickers and turns off

The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  9. My screen started flickering like this yesterday. Is this a Windows software issue or a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen started flickering like this yesterday. Is this a Windows software issue or a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/litaphn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxmxbv/my_screen_started_flickering_like_this_yesterday/
  10. PC just started requiring password after the screen goes off but PC not asleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC just started requiring password after the screen goes off but PC not asleep.: Also, cortana was reactivated, making me thing all the tracking and keylogging disabling and other crap I did when I first installed might have been undone. I can track down the vids to make my PC "private" again, but I can't figure out how to get windows to go back to how I...