Windows 10: Just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now getting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up

Discus and support Just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now getting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now i'mgetting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up. I tried repairing the computer by booting from flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ikenwaogu, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ikenwaogu Win User

Just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now getting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up

I just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now i'mgetting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up. I tried repairing the computer by booting from flash drive and and using the startup repair but it just gives me an error saying "startup repair couldn't repair your pc". Any help would be nice.

:)

ikenwaogu, Sep 11, 2020

2. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 11, 2020
  3. sttubs Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now getting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up

windows update 2004 updates fix

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to update your PC to Windows 10 2004 build. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the KB number of the update that is failing?
    • What is the error code and message from the Windows Update history? (Press
      Windows + I key to open Settings > Click on
      Updates & Security
      > Select Windows Updates > Click on
      View update history
      > click on the error)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    Please help us with the screenshot of the
    Process
    tab in Task Manager and System information
    page (Press Windows + R key and type msinfo32, click OK) for further investigation. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot posted
    by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Let us try few steps and try to update after performing each step.

Step 1:
    Run Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start Menu button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2:
    Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3:
    Software and Hardware clean boot

Put the PC in software clean boot, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Steps to perform hardware clean boot.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run
      . Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit
      Enter.
    3. Now expand the Display adapters,
      Printers
      , Sound, video and game controllers.
    4. Now right click on the listed devices inside the section and click on
      Disable.
    5. If asked for restart click on restart later.
    6. Close the device manager window and then restart the PC.

You may also, refer the suggestion in the article: Troubleshoot problems
    updating Windows 10

Note: Do not try the step mention in the article "Perform a clean installation of Windows 10"

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now getting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up

1. Just updated computer to windows 10 2004 and now getting NO BOOT DRIVE when I start it up - Similar Threads - updated computer 2004

2. I just booted up Windows 10, Start Menu is back to the default!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just booted up Windows 10, Start Menu is back to the default!: Hi all,I don't know how Microsoft screwed this one up, but my start menu is back to the default start menu on HP devices! I am running 2004. This is NOT after updating for some reason...Don't hesitate to share your thoughts!...
  3. I just booted up Windows 10, Start Menu is back to the default!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just booted up Windows 10, Start Menu is back to the default!: Hi all,I don't know how Microsoft screwed this one up, but my start menu is back to the default start menu on HP devices! I am running 2004. This is NOT after updating for some reason...Don't hesitate to share your thoughts!...
  4. I just booted up Windows 10, Start Menu is back to the default!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 update messed up my computer, now it doesn't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update messed up my computer, now it doesn't boot.: A Windows 10 update caused my computer not to boot anymore and there is no video signal.It powers on but that is about it. No video output, no booting.It is an HP Z210 Workstation computer that was upgraded from Windows 7.Computer: HP Z210 WorkstationProcessor: Intel core...
  6. Windows Updated and now my computer won’t boot up.

Windows Updated and now my computer won’t boot up.: I updated my computer today because I had some extra time and I thought it would help with some game crashes I was having, but now when I try to boot, it takes me to a blue screen with the options to go to windows which doesnt work or to troubleshoot. When I troublehsoot,...
  7. I just can't seem to get the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just can't seem to get the 2004 update: For the past two months, I've been trying to get this update. I have the option to download and install. But it's like getting stuck between downloading and installing. Today, it got stuck to 94% installing then went back to downloading :') I left it running for HOURS....
  8. WHEN will my computer get update of window update 2004?

WHEN will my computer get update of window update 2004?: IT is saying "your device is not ready" why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-my-computer-get-update-of-window-update/d112b768-529d-4775-a784-3b56b752c808
  9. Just updated to windows 2004 and now it’s just been loading for minutes ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just updated to windows 2004 and now it’s just been loading for minutes ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TotallyTupac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0j7w2/just_updated_to_windows_2004_and_now_its_just/
  10. Windows update now getting a glitch on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update now getting a glitch on start up: Hello Microsoft support, I am getting a bug where on the first time i start my PC I am stuck on the windows blue icon screen with the spinning circles. If I restart my computer its fine, and I can use my PC as normal. My windows 10 was an outdated version, so I had to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2004 not booting