Windows 10: Just updated my HP elitebook 8460P to Windows 10 pro build 1703

Discus and support Just updated my HP elitebook 8460P to Windows 10 pro build 1703 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded my HP Elitebook 8460p to Windows 10 pro build 1703 on Friday night. It has a 7200 rpm 320GB hdd and 6gb of ram and is a 2.30 GHZ i5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KC9MSG, Jun 3, 2017.

1. KC9MSG Win User

Just updated my HP elitebook 8460P to Windows 10 pro build 1703

I just upgraded my HP Elitebook 8460p to Windows 10 pro build 1703 on Friday night. It has a 7200 rpm 320GB hdd and 6gb of ram and is a 2.30 GHZ i5 processor. Wondering now if I should change out the hdd to a 160gb ssd drive and wondering if it will make much improvements to performance or if it is more trouble to do seeing as I would have to install the ssd and then reinstall windows 10.

:)

KC9MSG, Jun 3, 2017

2. Microsoft 3600 Bluetooth Mouse is not detectable on HP 8460p

My Microsoft 3600 Bluetooth is not detectable on HP Elitebook 8460p while it is working on other laptops.

The HP Elitebook 8460p Bluetooth is already working with other device and I can use it to transfer files.

Thanks.

Ehab Talaat, Jun 3, 2017
  3. Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Having Same Problem on Hp Elitebook 8460p

Flybydesigns, Jun 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

You should be able to use e.g. Macrium reflect (free) to clone your disk even though it's smaller, assuming there is sufficient space on a 160Gb for you.

There is another method too.

Note: expect greatest improvement in boot time e.g. 12-13s to login prompt.

dalchina, Jun 3, 2017
  5. KC9MSG Win User
    what about overall performance, this computer is pretty fast now but if it can be made faster I'm all for it

KC9MSG, Jun 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    That depends entirely use it for. You may notice some improvement in launching programs; if anything you do is disk intensive, that will be faster. For normal email, browsing; no, not by swapping to a SSD.

You have 6Gb RAM- check how much of that is used. Expanding that might give you better perceived performance, again, depending on what you use PC for. Check your Resource Monitor.

dalchina, Jun 3, 2017
  7. KC9MSG Win User
    Looks like there is around 3700gb of available memory so dont look like it using too much memory. Like I said, it is a pretty fast machine the way it is, just if i can make it more lightning fast I will....dont like having to wait .0002 of a second longer than my friends HP Elitebook with an i7 processor but mainly stock as far as memory and hdd for it to open a web page.

KC9MSG, Jun 4, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

So it sounds ok. Just make sure you use disk imaging routinely as we do so if anything goes wrong (other than significant hardware failure) you can recover quickly - even from disk failure - e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage for image sets.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just updated my HP elitebook 8460P to Windows 10 pro build 1703 - Similar Threads - updated elitebook 8460P

2. I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...: I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no beeps when i turn it on!!!what might be the problem and the solution?...
  3. I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...: I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no beeps when i turn it on!!!what might be the problem and the solution?...
  4. I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooth Issue on Elitebook 8460p

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Issue on Elitebook 8460p: Hello MC Forum, Please be informed that I have an issue with bluetooth on my laptop Elitebook 8460p Windows 10. I tried to Show Hidden Devices on Device Manager and I Searched for the Bluetooth device but invain. I will be grateful for your support. Thanks in...
  6. HP Elitebook 8460p display problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Elitebook 8460p display problems: Hi all, I am in need of some advice. I am trying to get my HP EliteBook 8460p into a state ready to go to a new home (fresh Windows install, the works) but I have run into a strange issue; every time I reboot, the display does not display the welcome screen for login until I...
  7. Hp elitebook 8460p not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp elitebook 8460p not working: Hello. I have a hp elitebook 8460p, secondhand rebuilt i5 processor. I bought it 1 year ago in October. The performance has amazing for about 9 months then it started to become slow, I reset windows and it's been perfectly fine since then. About 2 weeks ago, I loaded it up...
  8. Need Windows 10 Bluetooth Drivers for HP 8460P laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Windows 10 Bluetooth Drivers for HP 8460P laptop: I have no Bluetooth Icon or drivers after a Windows update. Not sure when it happened and I'm not overly computer literate There are no hidden devices, Drivers are not available from HP I've tried several things from online sources all to no avail Any help would be...
  9. Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703: I have been trying to update my windows 10 forever, however, different error codes and messages appears to prevent me from updating. Here's what i have done: 1. Windows Update Error - 0x80240034 - Did the restore health command with 100% completion, but sfc scan now...
  10. Windows Update Not Working Build 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Not Working Build 1703: Hi, I was wondering if there's an issue with Windows Update or my PC. I've been trying to get this build right for a while, and just when I think I have it, I find another issue! I'll give you a little background to start. I built this PC to be a multi-purpose...