Windows 10: Just updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Bluetooth is having issues connecting.

Discus and support Just updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Bluetooth is having issues connecting. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion laptop that I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I've also fitted a new SSD along with my existing HD. There's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Acruxeth, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Just updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Bluetooth is having issues connecting.

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I've also fitted a new SSD along with my existing HD.

There's a big problem with the Bluetooth connections. When I turn on Bluetooth, it is able to detect nearby devices such as my JBL Charge 3 speaker and my Bluetooth keyboard. But the problem is, when I click to connect to a device, it says it's connected but when I try to play music on my speaker, or when I try to type on my keyboard, it doesn't interact with my laptop.

The funny thing is, when I restart my laptop, it works fine within the first 10 minutes of restarting.

Please help, I've tried deleting or uninstalling certain Bluetooth drivers and all that, but to no avail. Please advise on my situation.

submitted by /u/Acruxeth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Acruxeth, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 21, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Just updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Bluetooth is having issues connecting.

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Just updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Bluetooth is having issues connecting.

1. Just updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Bluetooth is having issues connecting. - Similar Threads - updated laptop Bluetooth

2. my windows 8 laptop won’t update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 8 laptop won’t update: Ok so I have my deceased grandmothers laptop, it’s running windows 8 atm, I’m trying to check for an update, and it gave me an error code 80072EFE can I possibly get any help I’m not an expert on windows laptops...
  3. my laptop did not update window 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop did not update window 8: my laptop did not update window 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-did-not-update-window-8/7e78cb2c-97b5-4940-af7c-218cddc6fecc
  4. my laptop did not update window 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop did not update window 8: my laptop did not update window 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-did-not-update-window-8/7e78cb2c-97b5-4940-af7c-218cddc6fecc
  5. Having Bluetooth issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having Bluetooth issues on Windows 10: Ok, so I recently got some bluetooth headphones. They work fine with everything, but the audio is super choppy on my laptop. Tried some fixes like reinstalling drivers and they sometimes work. But its ok, the problem is that now my bluetooth controller is having issues too....
  6. Bluetooth connection issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connection issues on Windows 10: I have a windows 10 desktop PC that I built recently that has issues with bluetooth peripherals randomly disconnecting and reconnecting a few minutes later this issue is rare, occurring once every few hours, but causes issues when it occurs. The bluetooth chip I'm using is...
  7. I Have Window 10 On Laptop But Unable Connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Have Window 10 On Laptop But Unable Connect Bluetooth: I bought Laptop 2 Month Ago And After That When I Was Trying To Connect my Laptop With Bluetooth may LapTop Shows There Is No Bluetooth In You Device I Search On Google For Solutions But I Didn't Get Any Solution One Of My Friend Told Me Go To https://answers.microsoft.com/...
  8. Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop: I think I will be getting a laptop that has windows 8.. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10. (I have a windows 10 desktop) 1st.. is that still possible to do. 2nd.. should I do it with the orginal owner or after changing it to my own credentials.. 3rd .. where would I...
  9. bluetooth issues on windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth issues on windows 10 laptop: Hello I have bluetooth issues on my laptop, windows 10, updated to the current version. 1. Bluetooth icon disappears from the taskbar 2. I have to manually go into services.msc to restart bluetooth, but that does not start it. 3. I go to Device manager, view the hidden...
  10. Slow Connection From Windows 10 to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Connection From Windows 10 to Windows 8: Hi all I am using two machines, one is Windows10 HP laptop lets say A the other is Windows8 PC lets say B Both are on the same wi-fi router The problem is; Connecting from A to B via network sharing is so slow Sometimes B is not visible from A But; vice versa;...