Windows 10: Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again.

Discus and support Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; RTM had the problem, 1511 had the problem. Almost a year after RTM release, Microsoft released on July 12, 2016, a Servicing Stack Update for both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Galane, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Galane Win User

Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again.

RTM had the problem, 1511 had the problem. Almost a year after RTM release, Microsoft released on July 12, 2016, a Servicing Stack Update for both which fixed the not being able to keep an internet connection going problem.

Now we have the 1607 update and... unstable network connections again. I haven't tried my laptop on a wired link yet, but a few minutes after connecting by WiFi, it cuts off the internet connection, or disconnects entirely from my WiFi. I see another poster here can get WiFi after 1607 but his refuses to connect at all via Ethernet.

I'd think that once they got the bugs squashed, they would make certain not to resurrect them!

Remember when we were lording it over Macintosh, that could only make ONE connection on ONE protocol at a time, with Windows 95 that could run SIX different protocols with multiple connection on each, simultaneously?

I'm trying the Windows Club FixWin 10 utility, Can't connect to Internet, Problem Regarding DNS resolution, and Repair Winsock options. *reboot*

I have internet... but for how long?

:)

Galane, Oct 12, 2016

2. My laptop just updated windows 10 and now can't find any Internet even when plugged in

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation.

This can happen due to incompatible network drivers or loose cable connection.

1) Did you check whether the light is blinking when you plug in the wire in the port?

2) Does it shows any exclamation or red X at the network icon?

3) Have you updated the network adapter drivers?

I recommend you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it works.

1) Press Windows + X and then click on
    Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting and in the left pane select
    View all.

3) Now select Network Adapter and follow the
    on screen instruction.

Enter these commands individually and hit Enter on the command prompt window.

• IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

• NBTSTAT –R

• NBTSTAT –RR

• NETSH INT IP RESET

• NETSH WINSOCK RESET
    After executing all the commands restart your computer.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 12, 2016
  3. My laptop just updated windows 10 and now can't find any Internet even when plugged in

My laptop just updated windows 10 and now can't find any Internet connections, either wireless or plugged in with the Ethernet cable. Why?

StarrLange, Oct 12, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It was the Cumulative updates from 10/11 that have caused it. See Jimbo's post right above about it. The link with the list of changes is in his post.

bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  5. Galane Win User
    After rebooting after hitting those three buttons in FixWin, my laptop kept a good WiFi connection until I shut it down last night. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Galane, Oct 13, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    My wife's laptop kept the same driver from May for the Intel 7260ac Dual-Band wifi adapter. Stayed stable after updating and speed was where it was supposed to be at.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again. - Similar Threads - updated laptop 1607

2. Broken updates yet again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken updates yet again: So here we go again, yet again broken Microsoft is destroying my system.I am a light user of my Dell laptop, mostly only at weekends. It seems that more often than not there is yet another batch of updates every time I open it and my whole system is pathetically slow until...
  3. Broken updates yet again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken updates yet again: So here we go again, yet again broken Microsoft is destroying my system.I am a light user of my Dell laptop, mostly only at weekends. It seems that more often than not there is yet another batch of updates every time I open it and my whole system is pathetically slow until...
  4. Broken updates yet again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Updating my laptop again and again.

Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates: Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10. Anyway here's the result of...
  9. Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!: Hi there After latest update (using current build 1607) - totally lost LAN capability on Network -- laptop connects via Wifi but not LAN !!!! --LAN adapter - Bog standard INTEL so shouldn't be any problems with it. I have to have LAN at this work gig for security-- I can...
  10. Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!)

Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!): If you look up my threads, you'll find that last winter going from 1511 to a properly working 1607 proved impossible after seven tries, so I cleared the system SSD, disconnected all the other HDD/SSD's and did a clean reinstall. Well, same thing is happening with 1611 to...