Windows 10: just updated new edge and it is dying, slow, menu take seconds to open

Discus and support just updated new edge and it is dying, slow, menu take seconds to open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I mean super laggy. It was not like that before the 'new update available' showing in the right hand corner. I do have 30 tabs open, was great before... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, Dec 8, 2020.

1. just updated new edge and it is dying, slow, menu take seconds to open

I mean super laggy. It was not like that before the 'new update available' showing in the right hand corner.
    I do have 30 tabs open, was great before the update I did just 5 minutes ago. I tried restarting PC and no improvement.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just now noticed it is speeding up, menu three dashes are opening fast again... so what did it do? Maybe did some reconfiguring internally? It took a few minutes to repair itself?

For several minutes it was about unusable. Seems now to be back to how it was.

- - - Updated - - -

marked solved as the problem went away

:)

sdowney717, Dec 8, 2020
  2. heartog Win User

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Dec 8, 2020
  3. windows 10 startup menu not opening all possible solution failed

I have windows 10 on my HP laptop, after the recent update Oct 28th the new windows 10 startup menu, Microsoft edge, Notification windows, etc does not open and the system has become very slow. I have tried all possible solution options listed on the
    websites but failed. pl suggest a solution

P D Divaker, Dec 8, 2020
  4. just updated new edge and it is dying, slow, menu take seconds to open

NEW UPDATES TO EDGE

Hello Andre Microsoft Edge was not listed under the default apps. I chose Firefox anyway, and when it re-started, it opened up again to the new Edge page. The Firefox menu did not have a preferences option. Any other suggestions?

haxelotourke, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

just updated new edge and it is dying, slow, menu take seconds to open

1. just updated new edge and it is dying, slow, menu take seconds to open - Similar Threads - updated edge dying

2. When I open a new Explorer in Windows 11, it takes Explorer like 10 seconds to just get the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open a new Explorer in Windows 11, it takes Explorer like 10 seconds to just get the...: Can you please ensure that this gets fixed when opening a new windows?This is just my laptop without any other network connections...Brand new windows installation.Windows Explorer is using soo much resources these days from my laptop. It never used to be like that since...
  3. When I open a new Explorer in Windows 11, it takes Explorer like 10 seconds to just get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open a new Explorer in Windows 11, it takes Explorer like 10 seconds to just get the...: Can you please ensure that this gets fixed when opening a new windows?This is just my laptop without any other network connections...Brand new windows installation.Windows Explorer is using soo much resources these days from my laptop. It never used to be like that since...
  4. Start menu takes ages to open

Start menu takes ages to open: hi,i have issue with my taskbar when i click start button it takes a loooong time to open search bar too and when i start my pc after boot the task bar doesn't load icons it also takes a long time to show icons it takes around 2-3 mins to load but all desktop icons load right...
  5. Start menu takes ages to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu takes ages to open: hi,i have issue with my taskbar when i click start button it takes a loooong time to open search bar too and when i start my pc after boot the task bar doesn't load icons it also takes a long time to show icons it takes around 2-3 mins to load but all desktop icons load right...
  6. Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open: I'm tired of this now. I've tried dozens of "solutions" but the problem still persists. About every other time I click the Start menu button, the menu takes 5 seconds before it appears, every other time it's instant, like it should be. During those seconds I can't do anything...
  7. Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open

Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open: I'm tired of this now. I've tried dozens of "solutions" but the problem still persists. About every other time I click the Start menu button, the menu takes 5 seconds before it appears, every other time it's instant, like it should be. During those seconds I can't do anything...
  8. Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open "edge://surf" on the new Edge: Game submitted by /u/oneberto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9l57r/open_edgesurf_on_the_new_edge/
  9. Will Edge ever open in second monitor

in Browsers and Email
    Will Edge ever open in second monitor: What's your take on this. I know 'metro' apps only open in the primary monitor but I'd need this to be implemented. It's a deal killer as far as Edge is concerned. 11973
  10. Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load: This problem has only started in the past week. Prior to this, the start menu was fine as normal. Now, there is a 2 second delay between my clicking on it and it opening up. Possibly related, previously logging in was a near-instantaneous process (I have a solid state drive...