Windows 10: Just updated to 2004 some thoughts and minor concerns..

Discus and support Just updated to 2004 some thoughts and minor concerns.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so I had some minor issues prior to updating like UI errors for example still showing Windows Update Cleanup after purdging and what not. So I took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Codeboy3423, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Just updated to 2004 some thoughts and minor concerns..

Ok so I had some minor issues prior to updating like UI errors for example still showing Windows Update Cleanup after purdging and what not.

So I took the leap updated and so far, no issues..things appear to be fixed. At least the issues I was having

I also think they pulled the latest Cumulative Update because it wasn't offered to me after updating to 2004 that or it came with it.

Gaming on it is so far, so good..

I also ran into the optimization bug where in the optimization (Defrag) menu where both C (SSD) and D (HDD) says it needs optimization after a restart after well optimizing it.. also on event viewer it days "operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A)" after Defraging my D Drive. . Not sure if there is a fix yet. Please let me know if there is..

Edit: spelling, and it appears the Optimization Drive thing is a known issue that Microsoft refuse to acknowledge..but reports from Insider testers say it got fixed.. so it will be fixed in a future cumulative update I guess?

Edit 2: Cant turn off receive updates for other Microsoft products..Anyone else having that issue? Is it recommended to just leave it on?

submitted by /u/Codeboy3423
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Codeboy3423, Jun 16, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft Money 2004 not working with Win10

Dear Sir: As others are reporting here this isn't an inconsequential concern. Everyday my book keeping is delayed and as reported several times there are ten years of transactions locked up inaccessible.

It seems only polite to offer a response that can help move on from what was an excellent MS program and heavily relied on to maintain proper bill payment and transaction balancing.

Again, no warning was given and some report here 2004 was listed as specifically compatible. I am again sorry to have to push this but there must be a Microsoft solution to help here. These aren't minor concerns and I am at a loss to have to keep repeating
    this.

2015 WIN10, Jun 16, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Just updated to 2004 some thoughts and minor concerns..

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Just updated to 2004 some thoughts and minor concerns..

1. Just updated to 2004 some thoughts and minor concerns.. - Similar Threads - updated 2004 thoughts

2. my laptop just shut down after just playing some game, and i just thought my laptop just...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop just shut down after just playing some game, and i just thought my laptop just...: i tried everything, but i didnt had a restore point, the startup repair wont work, the reset setting won't work, nothing happens. pls help me this is my only computer, and its important for my studies...
  3. my laptop just shut down after just playing some game, and i just thought my laptop just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop just shut down after just playing some game, and i just thought my laptop just...: i tried everything, but i didnt had a restore point, the startup repair wont work, the reset setting won't work, nothing happens. pls help me this is my only computer, and its important for my studies...
  4. my laptop just shut down after just playing some game, and i just thought my laptop just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some minor issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Some minor issues: I just upgraded to an asus gtx 1650 super graphics card and encounter some issues. 1) The night light in display setting can't work. 2) In device manager, under other devices, there is a pci device coming out of nowhere which doesn't have a driver for it. 3) When installing...
  6. After updating to win 10 2004, I'm getting some minor freezes when switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating to win 10 2004, I'm getting some minor freezes when switching virtual desktops: Yesterday I installed 2004 update and sinse then, I'm getting some minor freezes when changing desktops P.S. My specs are: amd 2600, rx 580, 12gs 2666 RAM, 2 SATA 3 SSDs and one HDD, system runs on ssd...
  7. Reporting some minor HINKYNESS with 2004 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reporting some minor HINKYNESS with 2004 update: On my Asus Vivomini main desktop PC -- 1. The update removed my primary Gmail account from MS Mail. (3 Yahoos lived to tell the tale) This issue is now fixed. 2. I had Windows Defender in my start menu. It was still there but the icon was blackened, broken. It worked fine....
  8. Just noticed some glitches in Win 10 2004 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just noticed some glitches in Win 10 2004 Enterprise: Just some info: I updated my 4 home computers running Win 10 Pro seemingly without issue. I did a test VM running Windows 10 Enterprise update earlier this week, it also seemed to run fine. I did one of my work PCs and it was OK until the next morning. I can't seem to run...
  9. Windows 10 20H2 is a minor update, but there’ll be some tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2 is a minor update, but there’ll be some tweaks: Windows 10 19H2, also known as version 1909 and November 2019 Update, was a small update with only improvements. Microsoft declined to confirm whether all the H2 (second half) releases of Windows 10 feature updates, going forward, will be very minor and basically similar to a...
  10. Just a Thought I will share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a Thought I will share: As most of you know I have had some issues with Windows 10 and I believe that I was the cause of all of them. I removed stuff that I did not need, tweaked things, and so forth. I now have a clean running machine that is faster than it ever was. I have done the Following:...