Windows 10: Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!

Discus and support Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer just auto-updated to 2020-10 Security for Flash, 2020-10 Cumulative for 2004 and 2020-10 Cumulative for .NET... and I seem to have lost all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by techcon26687, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!

My computer just auto-updated to 2020-10 Security for Flash, 2020-10 Cumulative for 2004 and 2020-10 Cumulative for .NET... and I seem to have lost all control of screensaver. I had it set to Blank screen after 240 minutes and it blanks the screen after 5 minutes. Had the Power set to turn off Never and was changed to 15 minutes.

How can I either save and restore my settings or lock my settings so Microsoft can't arbitrarily change them?

:)

techcon26687, Oct 15, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants! :)

terrace, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Screensaver Issues After the Latest Update

Hello,

Outdated drivers can be a possible reason why you cannot exit your screensaver when you press the space bar. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Do you receive any error messages when you are trying to exit the screensaver?
    • Have you tried updating your graphic's card driver?

In the meantime, we suggest setting your screensaver to use images from the Photo app
    instead of the Windows Live Photo Gallery and see if the issue still persist. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button and type Settings
      on the search box. Click on the first option.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!

Installing 20H2 update

Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel

SyedNoor Ali, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!

1. Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants! - Similar Threads - updated 20H2 screensaver

2. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  3. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  4. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update: So my screen freezes occasionally, but its just the screen and nothing else. The sound works just fine, and everything on the background runs while the screen is frozen. I can also just press the power button once to quickly enter the log in screen and come back, which...
  6. Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?

in Windows 10 Support
    Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?: Hello, I upgraded before being shown the upgrade as an option by doing it manually through windows update assistant. I did this because on build 2004 I had this horrible freezing issue. which I hope is resolved on this newer build. My current build version is now 19042.630...
  7. Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?: Hello, I upgraded before being shown the upgrade as an option by doing it manually through windows update assistant. I did this because on build 2004 I had this horrible freezing issue. which I hope is resolved on this newer build. My current build version is now 19042.630...
  8. Screensaver Does Not Work

Screensaver Does Not Work: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 The screensaver does not work, it'll preview but nothing else. I've tried most stuff suggested, changing the power options, but no luck. Does anyone know a fix? 149757
  9. Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants...........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants...........: Setting up a new computer. Windows 10 just updated and wrote a system reserved partition right over important data on my drive causing me to fresh install again. A solid note to developers; JUST BECAUSE WINDOWS SEES UNALLOCATED SPACE, DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS NO DATA...
  10. Screensaver does not come on

Screensaver does not come on: For whatever reason the screensaver doesn't come on, any ideas what might cause this? 14159