Windows 10: Just updated to W10 now cpu at 100% all the time

Discus and support Just updated to W10 now cpu at 100% all the time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just updated my pc to windows 10 (version 1909) from windows 7, and according to the task manager my CPU is at 100% all the time. All 4 cores at 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ukemike, Dec 15, 2019.

1. ukemike Win User

Just updated to W10 now cpu at 100% all the time

I just updated my pc to windows 10 (version 1909) from windows 7, and according to the task manager my CPU is at 100% all the time. All 4 cores at 100% all of the time. The top CPU using processes vary but often include firefox, desktop window manager, and task manager.

The PC is not very new. I built it a few years back. It is built around an asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 motherboard and has a core i5 sandybridge cpu. I have a raedon hd 6850 video card, and several hard drives.

Oddly I have a program that shows cpu temp and all the cores are in the high 30deg C, so it seems like maybe task manager is wrong... wouldn't the cpu temp be higher if it were really using 100% for hours on end?

:)

ukemike, Dec 15, 2019

2. Anniversary Update: Windows 10 CPU usage 100% All the time

So I disabled Defender and search indexing completely.

I did a clean boot minus TeamViewer because I have to use it to access my PC for now.

Just updated to W10 now cpu at 100% all the time [​IMG]

Cortana is acting normally.

Edit: here are a list of the details by CPU usage with Chrome open.

davidvkimball, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Anniversary Update: Windows 10 CPU usage 100% All the time

Great, I tried the program, and it removed lots of spyware and 1 more malicious piece of malware. Thanks. But sadly it didn't fix the problem. Still getting 100% CPU usage problems.
    Thanks! I've taken out the two 4GB RAM sticks and left the two 8GB sticks there in the appropriate slots. Still having the 100% CPU usage problem. :/

I may just go for dalchina's suggestion and try that next. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions so far.

davidvkimball, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Just updated to W10 now cpu at 100% all the time

Anniversary Update: Windows 10 CPU usage 100% All the time

After reading the mobo manual its says if you use different size ram it must be of the same CAS Latency but for best performane use 4 identical rams as it makes no sense to me using different sizes

Also make sure your ram is install as the following picture suggests

RoadBlaster, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Just updated to W10 now cpu at 100% all the time

1. Just updated to W10 now cpu at 100% all the time - Similar Threads - updated W10 cpu

2. 100% CPU usage at ALL times windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU usage at ALL times windows 11: Hello all, I recently turned on my computer to discover the cpu was idling at 60c which prompted me to check the task manager. This shows that the Desktop Window Manager is constantly taking up tons of CPU. I followed many different steps I found here and other places online...
  3. CPU at 100% all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU at 100% all the time: My CPU is always at 100%. I tried alot things to fix this but nothing has worked. I have tried alot of things that i found on this site. nothing so far has worked. so any advice on what to do? last thing i tried was resetting windows 10 with wiping everything on the c...
  4. CPU usage at 100% at all times please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage at 100% at all times please help: [ATTACH] Task Manager shows that my CPU is at 100% at all times even factory reseting my windows and wiping all the data off of my drives didnt help. On a fresh windows install i still get 100% usage.If i End Task on the App with the highest CPU usage than another running...
  5. [HELP] CPU 100% all the time

[HELP] CPU 100% all the time: As soon as I boot PC my CPU is running at 100% all the time. I have checked other topics to try identify the issue and stumbled across this issue. CPU voltage looks okay. Intel i7 2600k submitted by /u/peep_peep [link] [comments]...
  6. 100% CPU usage at all times

100% CPU usage at all times: I've been battling this issue for a few weeks now and nothing seems to have helped. I constantly have 100% cpu usage, no matter what programs are running. Even when I'm idling, I have 100% CPU usage that seems to be cause by "System Idle Process". Also, if I'm focused on a...
  7. w10 100% CPU

w10 100% CPU: For the last few days the CPU usage of my windows 10 laptop, does not drop bellow 100%. It was working fine until roughly 3-4 days ago. When I look at the task manager, I don't see any specific program which causes that. In fact, even if it is only task manager running, it...
  8. My CPU is at 100% all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My CPU is at 100% all the time: My computer's CPU is always at 100% when I open Task Manager. I have different apps open all the time, they are; Chrome, Edge, Spotify, Notes, Netflix, Photoshop and Illustrator, although I only ever have about 2-3 open at a time. My computer runs quite slow and I'm not sure...
  9. High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times: Hello everyone, I recently started noticing my computer's cpu usage has been off the charts. I am currently unaware of what is causing it. I have run full system scans with my antivirus (Bitdefender 2017) and have run checks from windows. As i look at the usage in task...
  10. Anniversary Update: Windows 10 CPU usage 100% All the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anniversary Update: Windows 10 CPU usage 100% All the time: I'm having an on-going issue with CPU usage and Windows 10. I did a clean install with bootable media for Anniversary, and after I did that CPU rates went back to normal. But after I reinstalled my programs, it shot right back up to 100% CPU usage constantly. If...