Windows 10: Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the...

Discus and support Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, when I open disk cleanup and click "Clean up System Files", Disk Cleanup just closes and that means I am unable to delete the post update junk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sergosh21, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the...

So, when I open disk cleanup and click "Clean up System Files", Disk Cleanup just closes and that means I am unable to delete the post update junk

submitted by /u/Sergosh21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sergosh21, Oct 3, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the...

Windows 10 burps

It's a known disk cleanup bug which starts happening after installing KB3194798

Drone, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the...

1. Just updated to Windows 10 2004, my disk cleanup is bugged(?) so I can't clean up the... - Similar Threads - updated 2004 disk

2. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  3. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up: Hey, I'm trying to clear my system files on my C drive because I'm running out of space. So I'm trying to use disk clean up, it says I can clear 8.6GB but it never clears. I'm running it in admin mode but I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried using the Microsoft app 'PC...
  4. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up: Hey, I'm trying to clear my system files on my C drive because I'm running out of space. So I'm trying to use disk clean up, it says I can clear 8.6GB but it never clears. I'm running it in admin mode but I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried using the Microsoft app 'PC...
  5. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  7. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  8. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening: My Windows 10 get recently updated with latest feature update. After this update, I can opendisk cleanup but if I click on Clean up system files then nothing happens. I have waited for a while say 10 minutes, but still nothing pops up....
  10. disk cleanup bug??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disk cleanup bug??: Disk cleanup says it can free up to 4 TB of space on my 120GB C: drive, after a update. WTF!!! Even adding the 2TB HDD and another 120 GB SSD (which is 60 GB partitioned) which are far from full, this doesn't make any sense. Is this some weird bug in Disk Cleanup...