Windows 10: Just upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Sound Card missing.

Discus and support Just upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Sound Card missing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgrade went nice except for Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS sound card. It was working in 8.1. Tried to play an mp3 file in Windows 10 and no sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by milford, Aug 22, 2017.

1. milford Win User

Just upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Sound Card missing.

Upgrade went nice except for Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS sound card. It was working in 8.1. Tried to play an mp3 file in Windows 10 and no sound. Everything says drivers installed. The bar graph for the sound icon is jumping. But I'm being told its not detecting the sound card, even though its showing in device manager.

I found a Audigy Support Pack 6.1 that says its compatible with Windows 10. If anyone knows anything about this driver, do I install over existing drivers or remove old drivers first?

:)

milford, Aug 22, 2017

2. Best way to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

What would be the best way to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Pro? I have a brand new laptop with only Windows 8.1 and driver software installed on it. I'm curious what would be the best way to go from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Pro.
    Would it be to upgrade to Windows 10 Home and then purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro? Or upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro and then to Windows 10 Pro? Or would just buying Windows 10 Pro and doing a fresh install be best?

SarahKHarris, Aug 22, 2017
  3. DanSchell Win User
    Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro

I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1.

Should I upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Pro first then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

or

Should I upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

Pro's and Con's of each route?

Thanks

DanSchell, Aug 22, 2017
  4. milford Win User

Thanks. Got it working.

milford, Aug 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Just upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Sound Card missing. - Similar Threads - upgraded Pro Pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11: I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions....
  3. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11: I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions....
  4. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

7. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  8. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  9. windows 8 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 8 pro upgrade: my laptop came with windows 8 pro . what I understand is that windows 8 key is preset in BIOS. But when i upgraded to widnows 10 it upgraded to Home edition. I tried going to " upgrade to windows 10 pro" in microsoft store. but its asking me for key. what should i do....
  10. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...