Windows 10: Just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, now games keep crashing?

Discus and support Just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, now games keep crashing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says I have just made the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 as Nvidia stopped supporting my old OS for driver updates. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheesycoke, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, now games keep crashing?

Hello, as the title says I have just made the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 as Nvidia stopped supporting my old OS for driver updates. The upgrade itself went without a hitch, and I was able to get the new graphics drivers, but now it seems my computer can not handle games at higher graphics settings like it used to. Worth mentioning beforehand, I did a clean install of the graphics drivers.

Framerate has had no problem, and has even improved in some cases though I would pin that on the Nvidia update. However, games will crash at random (though it does seem most common when doing something like loading into a level). I've had this in multiple games between Doom Eternal, Quake Champions, and Devil May Cry 5, with the former 2 generally being okay as long as I drop my settings low.

Again though, my computer should be able to handle these and the framerates are always perfectly solid. Is Windows 10 that much of a resource hog? I've tried bumping up the pagefile amount to little avail, also. Should there be any way to fix this, though? Even if I have to upgrade my ram (I have 8GB)

submitted by /u/cheesycoke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cheesycoke, Mar 29, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Angela Pun, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, now games keep crashing?

ASPHALT 8 GAME crashes as soon as it is opened

Hi Deepak,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular game?
    Since the game is crashing, the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall the game and then check if it helps. I would also request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if it helps.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please revert if the game still crashes.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, now games keep crashing?

1. Just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, now games keep crashing? - Similar Threads - upgraded games keep

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade from 8. to 10

Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  5. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  6. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  8. My games keep crashing after 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games keep crashing after 1 second: For example I was trying to play Forza Horizon 4. I double clicked the icon from the desktop I have entered in the game and after 1 second my game crashed. My video card drivers are updated, my windows is up to date, my game is reinstalled reseted etc, the microsoft store is...
  9. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  10. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....