Windows 10: Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My 2nd monitor is not working

Discus and support Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My 2nd monitor is not working in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My computer is a recently purchased Dell with the Intel Graphics HD 530 display adapter. The outputs are one HDMI port (Monitor 1) and one display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JLoewen, Jun 18, 2016.

1. JLoewen Win User

Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My 2nd monitor is not working

My computer is a recently purchased Dell with the Intel Graphics HD 530 display adapter. The outputs are one HDMI port (Monitor 1) and one display D-port (Monitor 2). I am connected to a pair of identical Samsung monitors. The D-port is routed through a passive display adapter for connection to the HDMI cord serving the second monitor. All my trouble is associated with Monitor 2.

During start up both monitors are used. The machine moves from the D-port monitor back to the HDMI port monitor during the startup process. At the end of the process only the HDMI monitor will display.

I tried swapping the cords around between the two monitors (switching up which was on D-port and which wasn't). Monitor 1 (HDMI-primary) works when connected to either the D-port cord set or the HDMI cord set. Monitor 2 (D-port primary) does not work on either cord set EXCEPT at machine start up when both monitors get used.

Prior to upgrading from Windows 7, everything worked. After the upgrade only the Monitor 1 works. I've tried removing and re-installing drivers. That didn't work.

Thoughts and suggestions?

:)

JLoewen, Jun 18, 2016
  2. MikeZack Win User

Unable to connect to second monitor in Windows 10

Original title: Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Hours after my old Win 8.1 PC was appropriated and updated to WIN 10 without my permission my PC just went silent without any warning signs. I have a HP Z400 Work Station from Ebay that had Win 7 disks. After a couple of errors of about 6 hours I was successful.

The Z400 has dual monitor capability. The second monitor was connected but it's blue light wouldn't go on so the red screen got an error because the software timed out waiting for the second monitor.

Should I try to access my 8.1 's data from the cloud for this WIN 7 OS? Or Upgrade to WIN 10 and then get the 8.1's cloud data for WIN 10?

MikeZack, Jun 18, 2016
  3. David221 Win User
    Black screen with cursor during installation (upgrade 8.1 64 to 10) - Solved

Quick feedback that may help others with the same issue. I had the known black screen with cursor issue during the upgrade from Win 8.1 - 64 bits to Win 10.

It seems the upgrade procedure didnt like my multi monitor setup so I simply removed the HDMI cable to the 2nd monitor (even though the 2nd monitor was powered off!), rebooted and installation went well.

David221, Jun 18, 2016
  4. Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My 2nd monitor is not working

Press the Windows Logo key *Start and the P key, then select Extend. What happens when you do that?

alphanumeric, Jun 21, 2016
  5. I had a similar problem setting up My PC with a Radeon R380. The DVI-D monitor OK, the HDMI connected monitor no joy. Part of my problem was getting the drivers to load correctly but I had to go into the display settings in Windows 10 to get things fixed. There is a button in these setting that scans for other monitors. Once I had the drivers installed correctly this scan function did the job.

transmaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My 2nd monitor is not working

1. Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My 2nd monitor is not working - Similar Threads - upgraded 2nd monitor

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  4. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  5. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  6. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  7. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  8. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  9. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  10. Win 10 will not use my 2nd monitor after upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 will not use my 2nd monitor after upgrade from Win 7: ​​​Hi all, Eric from Florida here, with my first problem that I can't solve​. First, the soft facts, my system is as follows: Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit. AMD Catalyst Software Suite v 15.20.1062.1004, which the software update function says is current....