Windows 10: Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

Discus and support Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I used a speaker and a headset, one for normal use and one for chatting with my mates. Because I didn't want the hassle of replugging it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mime999, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

So I used a speaker and a headset, one for normal use and one for chatting with my mates. Because I didn't want the hassle of replugging it in everytime I want to use it, I got an audio splitter and plugged both in. Worked like a charm.

Then today, for fear of the impending lack of support for Win 7, I finally made the jump to Win 10. Once the installation was complete, I realised I had no sound in either devices! I thought it might have been the splitter's fault so I plugged one in at a time and neither worked. The front jacks do kinda work, but they're implausibly soft. (Maxed system volume and maxed youtube volume left a video at barely a whisper.)

I did the usual things, uninstalled audio drivers, reinstalled drivers, used the troubleshoot, nothing work. Especially strange to me is that I can see that there is sound in the Sound Mixer, can see that green bar bopping up and down to the sound that is supposed to be played. I've tried switching the default devices but nothing works as well.

It can't be the device being faulty as both were fine just before the update.

Anyone has any help?

submitted by /u/mime999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mime999, Oct 29, 2019

2. Strange hardware problems with audio since upgrade.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about access audio in Skype app after upgrading to Windows 10.

This issue might have caused by the outdated audio drivers/ Skype app. I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Uninstall and Update the driver.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

If the issue still persists,

Method 2: I suggest you to
    run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

1. Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues. - Similar Threads - upgraded Win7 strange

2. Strange Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio Issues: For over 2 years, I had a G933 headset that worked great. It eventually started repeatedly updating the firmware until the pc no longer could connect to it. I went out and got another headset that ended up sounding very bad. Along with changing some settings in an attempt to...
  3. performance issue after an upgrade from win7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    performance issue after an upgrade from win7: i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 via usb and before my booting time was alot faster and my computer keeps frrezing in short intervals i tried troubleshooting but no issue was found i have 8gb ram i5 processor and i have around 90 gb free in my system drive and 100gb in the...
  4. Strange audio issues windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange audio issues windows 10: For better audio quality I use a mixer program called Voicemeeter Banana. This has worked very well for me but strange issues have popped up only to go away and then show up again. I have tried uninstalling Voicemeeter and the issues still persist which tells me this is a...
  5. upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  6. Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.: Two questions: 1. My Lenovo T520 had some type of recovery partition on Windows 7 pro when I bought it as a refurbished from IBM. Not original OEM. Never had need to use it. When Windows 7 is upgraded to Windows 10, does the recovery partition also get upgraded? 2. If I...
  7. Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure

Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure: When using a genuine Microsoft supplied flash drive to upgrade from a registered version of Win 7 Pro All updates checked and installed, starts "checking system" process then generates error message: "Setup has failed to validate the product key" Can not do clean install...
  8. Upgrade from Win7 to 10 issues, Multiple blue screen codes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade from Win7 to 10 issues, Multiple blue screen codes.: Hello there! I upgraded from a fairly old install of Windows 7 (Installed 8/2011) to Windows 10 on 7/21, and have had a series of intermittent blue screens and have been spending the last week or so trying to self-diagnose and see if I could come up with a solution using...
  9. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716
  10. Win7 needs a repair: okay to just upgrade to 10, instead?

Win7 needs a repair: okay to just upgrade to 10, instead?: My Win7/home is borked. Sfc /scannow is in an incomplete loop. A windows update is also jammed. (Shows 51% at reboot and then disappears). Instead of going through (another) repair install, I'd just as soon just do a win10 upgrade. would I introduce errors by upgrading...