Windows 10: Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

Discus and support Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thirtysixnick [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thirtysixnick, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

/u/thirtysixnick, Nov 8, 2019
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Upgrading Processor, Motherboard, and Ram

Everything but the motherboard can be upgraded; new motherboard will make the pc

not genuine.

Installing from iso dvd or thumb drive would work but the same issue.

You have the same license terms as when win7 was installed and it carried over to win10;

OEM (hp,dell, toshiba etc.) or retail ( you bought win7).

If you can not upgrade on the current motherboard, cpu, ram, video card for less than a new complete system including the os ?

This also depends on the current configuration, how old are, is the pc.

Not pushing amd but new 4 core cpu's are $129 retail., system boards range from $100

and up, ddr4 ram 130 fo 16 gig just as an example.

kjl1956, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Clancy7 Win User
    Upgrading motherboard, RAM, and CPU after installing Windows 10. Problems?

Hi all,

I built this computer years ago. Most of the components are getting outdated. I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard, RAM, and CPU in order to play current games and get more reliable performance because I'm starting to get errors on my RAM.

My current system setup:

Windows 10 (recently upgraded from Genuine Windows 7)

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz

8GB DDR2 800 MHz

My question is: how will it work with windows 10 after upgrading? I have been told that upgrading motherboard could break windows since it is tied to the motherboard. I am on a very tight budget. (Graduate school...)

I just talked to Microsoft Answer Tech. I was told to use the windows 7 disc that I have to reinstall windows 7, then upgrade to windows 10. Is it true?

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,

Clancy

Clancy7, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These
    are precious family videos, pictures etc. Can I just unplug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives, then do the upgrade of the Motherboard/CPU/etc, then plug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives back in? Is Windows 10 setup to recognize the pre-existing
    storage space? PLEASE HELP! My system is getting so slow b/c of the old components!!!!!

Thank you!

MarcWaggles, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

1. Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker... - Similar Threads - upgraded Motherboard CPU

2. Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM: I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These are precious family...
  3. Upgrading motherboard and CPU windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading motherboard and CPU windows 10: I have installed Windows Ten on older PC with both new and used drives, all is well but I want to upgrade the motherboard , CPU and RAM and don't want to loose my OEM license...
  4. I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?

I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?: I did a free upgrade from 8.1 to 10 so I don't have a product key, but a digital license, but even signing into my computer with my microsoft account which shows has windows 10 pro, it still says I need to activate windows? Help please!lol...
  5. Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD

Upgraded PC New Motherboard CPU Ram Powersupply HD and SDD: After I upgraded my old pc I signed into my Microsoft account and it's not letting me activate windows. Its the same pc, my old pc which had the windows 10 pro on it I gave it to my step son and bought windows 10 home for him. All he had to buy was a box. What can I do to...
  6. No sound from left speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from left speaker: Using windows 10. I am unfortunately unsure when the problem first started as I only noticed some time ago that I didn't get any sound from my left speaker. I can access Realtek HD audio manager fromt he control panel, and I have tried switching the channels so that sound...
  7. just upgraded my Motherboard and tried to active my windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    just upgraded my Motherboard and tried to active my windows.: hey, i recently upgraded my motherboard and installed all the updates, suddenly the windows activation water mark pop up, in order to reactive my windows by troubleshooting some error message pop up , i tried several ways , i followed one guide about sysprep.exe and i got...
  8. Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10

Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10: I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance. The scenario is this: I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and...
  9. Windows 10 CPU/Motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 CPU/Motherboard upgrade: I am planning to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard + RAM type ddr3 > ddr4. i have linked my digital license to my Microsoft account. I'm wondering if my PC will boot into Windows and if there is any additional activation or re-installation i must do....
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...