Windows 10: Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

Discus and support Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thirtysixnick [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thirtysixnick, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

/u/thirtysixnick, Nov 8, 2019
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Upgrading Processor, Motherboard, and Ram

Everything but the motherboard can be upgraded; new motherboard will make the pc

not genuine.

Installing from iso dvd or thumb drive would work but the same issue.

You have the same license terms as when win7 was installed and it carried over to win10;

OEM (hp,dell, toshiba etc.) or retail ( you bought win7).

If you can not upgrade on the current motherboard, cpu, ram, video card for less than a new complete system including the os ?

This also depends on the current configuration, how old are, is the pc.

Not pushing amd but new 4 core cpu's are $129 retail., system boards range from $100

and up, ddr4 ram 130 fo 16 gig just as an example.

kjl1956, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Clancy7 Win User
    Upgrading motherboard, RAM, and CPU after installing Windows 10. Problems?

Hi all,

I built this computer years ago. Most of the components are getting outdated. I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard, RAM, and CPU in order to play current games and get more reliable performance because I'm starting to get errors on my RAM.

My current system setup:

Windows 10 (recently upgraded from Genuine Windows 7)

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz

8GB DDR2 800 MHz

My question is: how will it work with windows 10 after upgrading? I have been told that upgrading motherboard could break windows since it is tied to the motherboard. I am on a very tight budget. (Graduate school...)

I just talked to Microsoft Answer Tech. I was told to use the windows 7 disc that I have to reinstall windows 7, then upgrade to windows 10. Is it true?

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,

Clancy

Clancy7, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These
    are precious family videos, pictures etc. Can I just unplug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives, then do the upgrade of the Motherboard/CPU/etc, then plug the 4 different 8TB mechanical drives back in? Is Windows 10 setup to recognize the pre-existing
    storage space? PLEASE HELP! My system is getting so slow b/c of the old components!!!!!

Thank you!

MarcWaggles, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker...

1. Just upgraded Motherboard/CPU/RAM along with switching from Windows 7 and my left speaker... - Similar Threads - upgraded Motherboard CPU

2. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....
  3. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....
  4. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  5. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  6. Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard: Hello, I am upgrading my CPU and motherboard. I use my computer for content creation and have a DAW digital audio workstation and Adobe creative cloud. Will I have to reinstall these programs and my plugins after the upgrade? This is my first upgrade that I am carrying out...
  7. upgrading motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading motherboard and cpu: Hi, I have a question regarding upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I currently have an off the shelf gaming PC purchased a few years ago. I am looking to replace my asrock B-360M andi5-9400F with newly purchased Asus Prime Z390-A and I9 9900k. My question is in regard to the...
  8. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself: Today i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B450 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, and Vengence LPX 2x8 GIG RAM, and after updating the BIOS my windows de-activated. Ive tried every troubleshooting method it had availible to me and just said to try again later. I am getting the error...
  9. I swapped my motherboard along with CPU and RAM and I'm having troubles getting windows to work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I swapped my motherboard along with CPU and RAM and I'm having troubles getting windows to work: Hi. Today I swapped my motherboard, CPU and RAM in my rig since it was getting really old and slow. (Really just wanted to swap CPU, but realized I more or less had to swap all other components as well). All the hardware is working properly and it displays in my bios. So I...
  10. Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM: I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These are precious family...