Windows 10: Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...

Discus and support Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Spent a few hours with Microsoft support and used tools to "upgrade." Now my PC went from 15.1 gigs to 24.5 gigs, now it's at 21.3 gigs and CCLeaner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anthony Bratty, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...

Spent a few hours with Microsoft support and used tools to "upgrade." Now my PC went from 15.1 gigs to 24.5 gigs, now it's at 21.3 gigs and CCLeaner and Disk Cleanup won't help. I've been dealing with this for months now and nothing is happening. Please help as I am too tired at this point to keep dealing with this.

:)

Anthony Bratty, Aug 20, 2022
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Aug 20, 2022
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 20, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CJust "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,... :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 20, 2022
Thema:

Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...

1. Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,... - Similar Threads - upgraded Microsoft support

2. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  3. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  4. Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...: Spent a few hours with Microsoft support and used tools to "upgrade." Now my PC went from 15.1 gigs to 24.5 gigs, now it's at 21.3 gigs and CCLeaner and Disk Cleanup won't help. I've been dealing with this for months now and nothing is happening. Please help as I am too tired...
  5. Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just "upgraded" PC from Microsoft support to free up C Drive space or fix C Drive fill up,...: Spent a few hours with Microsoft support and used tools to "upgrade." Now my PC went from 15.1 gigs to 24.5 gigs, now it's at 21.3 gigs and CCLeaner and Disk Cleanup won't help. I've been dealing with this for months now and nothing is happening. Please help as I am too tired...
  6. C drive space automatically filling up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive space automatically filling up.: My c drive space is automatically filling up. There are max 10 software which I install. This software require space not more than 10GB. I have 150GB space in my c drive. After installing windows 10 107GB space are left. After installing all the software almost 90GB space...
  7. C:// Drive Filling Up..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C:// Drive Filling Up..: I Have Windows 10 2004 edition, the storage on the C:// Drive has been filling up anonymously and largely, I haven't downloaded anything in the past 15 days, neither updated anything. Do you know whats wrong with it??? submitted by /u/ThatPlex [link] [comments]...
  8. C drive space filling Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive space filling Up: Whenever I open any application and i check my disk space 3-4gb automatically filled up. There's also extra space taken by some applications when I install them as compare to there requirement. I have tried resetting windows but this problem exist. My drive health is also...
  9. C drive space filling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive space filling: My C drive space in Windows 10 is filling up rapidly. I tried deleting CBS files but that weren't occupying much space. I used Treesize but not able to make sense of which file is occupying unnecessary space and which file to delete....
  10. c drive filled up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive filled up.: Mistery. I have done everthing suggested but it still fills up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-filled-up/44551698-0f97-4f57-be70-eb26615cf199