Windows 10: Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?

Discus and support Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded before being shown the upgrade as an option by doing it manually through windows update assistant. I did this because on build 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Max Pen, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Max Pen Win User

Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?

Hello,

I upgraded before being shown the upgrade as an option by doing it manually through windows update assistant.

I did this because on build 2004 I had this horrible freezing issue. which I hope is resolved on this newer build.

My current build version is now 19042.630

Are there any issues users have reported on this newer build that i should check if they are present on my own?

I want to do this now so if I do see an issue(s) I can still roll back to 2004 build.

Thank you!

:)

Max Pen, Nov 29, 2020
  2. OldNavyGuy, Nov 29, 2020
  3. CadErik Win User
    20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?

1. Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for? - Similar Threads - upgraded 20H2 issues

2. Should I upgrade from Win 10 20H2, to 21H1?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I upgrade from Win 10 20H2, to 21H1?: 1. Should I Upgrade Before or After, the Upcoming Windows Update on 8/10/21? 2. Does 21H1 have any Bugs? 183422
  3. In-place upgrade 20H2 issue

In-place upgrade 20H2 issue: We are working on IPU TS to upgrade the win1909 to win 20H2. The TS is struck in "Upgrade Operating System" sequence on some devices. We found in the setupact.log that the error occurs in Add driver file processing driver Conexant HD Audio driver. We have seen many references...
  4. 20H2 upgrade issue

20H2 upgrade issue: after 20H2 upgrade the local accounts switch vanished from the starting page. I cannot step in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-upgrade-issue/dd0e0ab7-e163-4cc4-8da9-dfd428e73377
  5. Is it worth it to install 20H2 by now or should I just wait to 21H1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it worth it to install 20H2 by now or should I just wait to 21H1?: I have stayed on 1909 since it was released. I upgraded to 20H2 a while back and noticed some slowdowns afterwards so I rolled back to 1909. I was thinking about going to 20H2 again until 21H1 is released. What is your opinion? What should I do? My specs: CPU: i7 9750H...
  6. 20H2 upgrade issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    20H2 upgrade issues: Is it normal for this update to allow ONLY a Hello PIN to log onto the computer? Before the update I was logging in with a password, now it's not even an option. I've tried the registry mod without any luck....
  7. Should I upgrade to 20H2?

Should I upgrade to 20H2?: I just got a new pc today, however I check windows update and it says I have the option to upgrade to 20H2. Is it safe to do so? I'm on 2004 and I've been hearing about bugs and BSOD that occur with 20H2. Have those been resolved? submitted by /u/TehMilitia [link]...
  8. Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?

Just upgraded to 20H2 but what issues should I check for?: Hello, I upgraded before being shown the upgrade as an option by doing it manually through windows update assistant. I did this because on build 2004 I had this horrible freezing issue. which I hope is resolved on this newer build. My current build version is now 19042.630...
  9. New to windows, what should I check?

New to windows, what should I check?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hz9poa5nwzq41.png?width=545&format=png&auto=webp&s=a8fd33e5e9aab17ebf9b449adeeecc4ac503a8b4 Should I check both? or just one? which one? is it different for each program? For example, what my logic says is that in Chrome I have to check...
  10. What should I upgrade?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What should I upgrade?: Computer type: PC/Desktop OS: Microsoft Windows 10 CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.50Ghz Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 Memory: 8 GB Graphics Card(s): AMD Radeon RX 570 Browser: Google Chrome Antivirus: Windows Defender The overall performance of my computer is going down, I...