Windows 10: Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates...

Discus and support Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Even on W7, I always disable the updates and check the catalogue to pick the ones I want to download and install. I noticed so far, that there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Beanies, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates...

Even on W7, I always disable the updates and check the catalogue to pick the ones I want to download and install.

I noticed so far, that there is no such option in settings for W10. Is there a way to do this through registry?

submitted by /u/Beanies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Beanies, Jan 15, 2020
  2. lx07 Win User

What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates?

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm just going to wait and see. Perhaps my PC (and yours) are bottom of the list for this update for some reason.

Sure manual check upgrades it but auto doesn't.

Sorry I can't suggest why...

3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Now that W10 is out, are you a W7 / W8 refusenik?

OK, this is now something that has made me dig my feet in the ground. Today is patch Tuesday.

It's a good thing I actually look at what updates are in the list. None of the mandatory/important updates are checked. This is strange. Then i go to see what optional ipdates are available.

Only one is checked: Upgrade to W10 Home. This has now crossed into forcing an OS on someone. If I had not checked, as the average user doesn't, or if it was on auto-update, as M$ "recommends", it would have downloaded and installed.

That is not acceptable behavior.

Edit: I hid the update, and upon reboot to get my Office updates, they were not checked, but the optional update to W10 that I hid was checked again. Grrrrr....

rtwjunkie, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates...

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates...

1. Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates... - Similar Threads - upgraded W10 sure

2. Is there a way to make sure the windows store is auto updating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make sure the windows store is auto updating?: So I have a windows 10 enterprise environment and I would like to know. Is there is a way I can force or make sure that the windows store is auto updating itself?...
  3. Is there a way to make sure the windows store is auto updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to make sure the windows store is auto updating?: So I have a windows 10 enterprise environment and I would like to know. Is there is a way I can force or make sure that the windows store is auto updating itself?...
  4. How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?: Windows has been worse and worse of a product since after Windows XP. Its a lot of work disabling all the new features. There are no circumstances that I would ever want features beyond what XP offered. If I did, I would add them. Some of the features are disturbing such as...
  5. How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?: Windows has been worse and worse of a product since after Windows XP. Its a lot of work disabling all the new features. There are no circumstances that I would ever want features beyond what XP offered. If I did, I would add them. Some of the features are disturbing such as...
  6. How do I make sure this never comes out again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make sure this never comes out again?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FerSzBae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2kuvr/how_do_i_make_sure_this_never_comes_out_again/
  7. These the right updates (just making sure)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These the right updates (just making sure)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlippingBLEEP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep9ksa/these_the_right_updates_just_making_sure/
  8. How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe?: I know how to get to the Certificate Manager ( certmgr). There are two columns named "Issued To" and "Issued By", There are names of those issued certificates and then names of those that issued them. I somewhat understand the information displayed when you double click on...
  9. Started Oct Update and never reboot so the update can finish... How do I stop the update...

Started Oct Update and never reboot so the update can finish... How do I stop the update...: I had started the Oct upgrade before finding about the delete. Now my windows 10 update is pending for a reboot... How do I stop the upgrade from happening when I reboot....
  10. Need a new HDD making sure I can upgrade before I do

Need a new HDD making sure I can upgrade before I do: I never upgraded to Windows 10 and my HDD crashed on me. I need to buy a new one and was going to upgrade to 10 cause I don't have my Windows 7 install disk anymore. I do have the the windows key sticker on my computer still. Can I use that if I were to download the Windows...