Windows 10: Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install?

Discus and support Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BasedNemesis [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BasedNemesis, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install?

/u/BasedNemesis, Jun 6, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 6, 2020
  4. 64K
    64K Win User

Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install?

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Thema:

Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install?

1. Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install? - Similar Threads - upgraded many many

2. Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?: I recently noticed often app-crashes and decided to check the tasks running when I fell onto some suspicious files including many users in folder properties>security. Is this a possible trojan virus sign?...
  3. Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?: I recently noticed often app-crashes and decided to check the tasks running when I fell onto some suspicious files including many users in folder properties>security. Is this a possible trojan virus sign?...
  4. BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. I've been having a lot of problems this week after a clean install of windows 10, it seems that the bsods i get are at random no matter what I'm doing in the PC, The codes are...
  5. BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. I've been having a lot of problems this week after a clean install of windows 10, it seems that the bsods i get are at random no matter what I'm doing in the PC, The codes are...
  6. BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multiple BSOD for many years

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD for many years: OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy Asus again!. I have moderate-to-advanced experience with computers, but have zero experience with kernel hacking. So, how can...
  8. Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft is no longer releasing security updates for Windows 7 and the company encourages everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 upgrade efforts aren’t as aggressive as they were back in the days when Microsoft launched Windows 10. In January, Microsoft said it has...
  9. Many many Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many many Windows 10 problems: Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different critical problems with never any indication of what the causes are (previous versions were much more stable, but when errors...
  10. upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept?: I used Windows 10.iso to upgrade from Windows 7 sp1 to Windows 10. I chose to keep all the apps and settings. Upon finishing upgrading, I was confronted with a logon screen and a user name. Unfortunately, I could not log in. I'm sure I know the password but it just doesn't...