Windows 10: Just upgraded to Windows 11 and Microphone now not working

Discus and support Just upgraded to Windows 11 and Microphone now not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Windows 11 on a 6 month old Dell inspiron 2 in 1 - i7, 16Gb RAM 1 TB HDD, with Bitdefender installed. Microphone now not working or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnvB_1, Jan 17, 2022.

1. JohnvB_1 Win User

Just upgraded to Windows 11 and Microphone now not working

Just upgraded to Windows 11 on a 6 month old Dell inspiron 2 in 1 - i7, 16Gb RAM 1 TB HDD, with Bitdefender installed. Microphone now not working or even exists. Checked Bitdefender privacy Video and audio protection and microphone all activated. Then under start - all apps - settings - input - it comes up with "no input device found". And it concurs with webex meetings and Microsoft Teams. I'm working from home - and this is very frustrating. Solution was to installation of "Video recorder" to activate the microphone...." Thankyou Microsoft.... posting to advise others

:)

JohnvB_1, Jan 17, 2022
  2. Rolly13 Win User

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Just upgraded to Windows 11 and Microphone now not working - Similar Threads - upgraded Microphone working

2. Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: Hello,Recently, After upgrading my windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 my microphone stopped working. after doing several common problems that none worked out I gave up.Now I am in need of my microphone and no solution out there solved my problem so far. I literally did any possible and...
  3. Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: Hello,Recently, After upgrading my windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 my microphone stopped working. after doing several common problems that none worked out I gave up.Now I am in need of my microphone and no solution out there solved my problem so far. I literally did any possible and...
  4. Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot: Upgrade completed now my computer will not boot completely. It appears to be freezing. I have no access to mouse after about 20 seconds. If I can get my entire password entered and access my desktop, my screen will flash off and on. Any help is appreciated...
  5. Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot

Just upgraded to windows 11, now my computer will not boot: Upgrade completed now my computer will not boot completely. It appears to be freezing. I have no access to mouse after about 20 seconds. If I can get my entire password entered and access my desktop, my screen will flash off and on. Any help is appreciated...
  6. Windows 11 just upgraded WordPad does not work.

Windows 11 just upgraded WordPad does not work.: I just updated to win11 and wordpad does not work, I installed all the updates available and uninstalled wordpad and installed wordpad again. When I click on wordpad to open the App, tries but does not open. I have rebooted many times. No errors are reported or updates are...
  7. Just upgraded to Windows 11 and Microphone now not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just upgraded to Windows 11 and Microphone now not working: Just upgraded to Windows 11 on a 6 month old Dell inspiron 2 in 1 - i7, 16Gb RAM 1 TB HDD, with Bitdefender installed. Microphone now not working or even exists. Checked Bitdefender privacy Video and audio protection and microphone all activated. Then under start - all apps -...
  8. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  9. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  10. Just upgraded to Win10 and now BDO is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just upgraded to Win10 and now BDO is not working: I use to play BDO on Win 7 with no problems, since I up graded to win 10 I can not even get the game to load right. I have tried everything I could think of and nothing is working. The BDO files have been verified. I have re-installed both multiple times, I have cleared the...