Windows 10: Just Wanted To Let You Guys Know Something Pointless To Your Lives

Discus and support Just Wanted To Let You Guys Know Something Pointless To Your Lives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to pick and choose 74 GB of games, and other files out of 200 GB to move over to the small and slow 75 GB IDE HDD to save for doing a clean wipe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hal0freak, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Hal0freak Win User

Just Wanted To Let You Guys Know Something Pointless To Your Lives

Trying to pick and choose 74 GB of games, and other files out of 200 GB to move over to the small and slow 75 GB IDE HDD to save for doing a clean wipe is very frustrating...... i sure hope its worth it.. This is gunna take awhile

:)

Hal0freak, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Vijay B Win User

Just wanted to let you know something (not that I have the quantity or quality to complain)....

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to download Windows 10 from the following link and perform custom install. When it prompts for the product key you can skip that step and install Windows 10. To perform custom install you need to have qualifying operating system with activated.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Also refer to the link: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Apr 1, 2015
  3. Just wanted to let you know something (not that I have the quantity or quality to complain)....

I was a pre-release tester of Windows 10. The first version I downloaded I still have the ISO of because of the feedback so honestly and earnestly left in the Windows Feedback app; that was Build 9879. Every build after it got less and less of the stuff
    I would want to see in it to replace Windows 7 with it.

The sad part is I would really like to upgrade to a new OS, but when the only thing worth running was a pre-release from late fall/early winter 2014, at least for what I do with Windows, then we have a problem. I really love the concepts that are the basis
    of Windows 8 and later including 10. It's just that the Build 9879 presentation for the way I use Windows was the only thing that could have "replaced" Windows 7 for what I do with it.

Windows 7 had this magic touch that I bought legal copies of Ultimate (Full Purchase Product and Upgrade, both retail), 3 copies of Windows 7 Home Premium (all retail which 2 of them I gave to others and 1 of which I still have), I took you guys up on the
    Windows 7 Student Offer (waiting on paying down my student loan debt so I can go back to school); and also I bought a Family Pack of Home Premium that my neighbor Donna got so she could have a laptop that wasn't hosed by the malware she couldn't afford to
    keep protected on her former laptop which I am now writing this on with Windows 7 retail Ultimate Upgrade 64-bit with SP1.

I left my feedback in the Windows Feedback app in all the right places and updated it as the updated pre-release versions came in. But the closer Windows 10 got to being what it is today, the further away it got from being the talisman to wean me off of
    Windows 7.

I know the ways I use Windows 7 are probably totally unique and you couldn't afford to put out the version of 10 that I saw Build 9879 could be, because it was mired in Ballmer's old thinking approach to Windows instead of what 10 really needed to be, but
    I want to be excited about the stuff coming down the pike.

About me, since the Windows Feedback app didn't let me fully elucidate:

I am a 26-year old who is applying for and according to my lawyer has a legitimate reason to be on disability (I would upon approval be getting disabled adult child benefits according to my lawyer), and my gaggle of disabilities include:

Schizo-Affective Disorder

ADHD

Mild, somewhat controllable Aspeberger's syndrome

Eccentricity (hence why Build 9879 was so satisfying to me compared to everyone else who ran it)

These four things make it hard to use stuff that my disabilities flag as "not up to par." I would do anything to make this issue go away, but because of how the four issues interlock and amplify each other's effects, it is hard to use software that is current
    when Windows 7 works through my disabilities rather than against them.

Windows XP didn't even work as good for my disabilities as 7 or Build 9879 of Windows 10. The only other OS choices to not stir up my disabilities were Windows NT 4.0 Workstation/Server, and Apple's Classic Mac OS from System 1.1 Finder 1.1g/h on an original
    Macintosh 128k to Mac OS 8.6 and 9.2.2 on period hardware.

My Daddy is a senior citizen who would never be able to swallow Windows 10 final version the way I would if it were not for my disabilities, and that worries me that Facebook one day won't be able to work with Windows 7 and then he won't be able to keep
    in touch with his normally developed son who is my dearly loved elderly brother.

Using Build 9879 once my laptop downloaded the needed drivers was like "I know they're going to totally change it; however this is what I would need to willingly move off of Windows 7 despite my disabilities.

I am not expecting any resolution, just simply letting you know that there are people like me who won't get to move away from Windows 7 until the very last moment whereas if a Build 9879-like total package was released for us who wind up being marginalized
    I'd tell them they could dump Windows 7 for what in any released form is flagged really against my will as "Blackcomb" the antithesis to Windows 7 when I really want to adopt (and allow those who look to me for technical support) a product that while it may
    not be anywhere near as great as Windows 10 for demanding users is, it's a whole lot better for you guys than Windows 7 because it would get me to buy into upgrading Office & accepting the Microsoft Store the way release or second-half development Windows
    10 just can't do.

I care about the future of Windows, but want that future to be accessible to people who due to age or budget limits can't get the total package effect Windows 10 as it needs to be offers as regards having one experience for all of the stuff in your life.

I apologize for being so long-winded, but I am not complaining, simply letting you know of a need that it might be small but for those who need it we'd be willing to compromise if it truly was a compromise and not just giving up.

Sincerely.

Alex Harris

Alexander7User, Apr 1, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Hmmmmmmmmmm! Pointless trying to figure out the of this post. . .*really

5. Hal0freak Win User
    lol it is pointless really but just to show how i hate having only a tiny 74 GB terrible HDD to back stuff up onto before a wipe. mainly complaining haha

Hal0freak, Apr 1, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Yeah, tell me about it, I have bunch of old PATA and SATA HDDs and a USB adapter for them which I use far backups. Ranging from 40 GB, backups are best left overnight.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just Wanted To Let You Guys Know Something Pointless To Your Lives - Similar Threads - Wanted Let Guys

2. You guys are a joke with your updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You guys are a joke with your updates: I just had to reset my computer cause of your updates made my computer not sleep as typical windows i just got done getting everything where i want it heres a stupid windows lets **** everything up the screen wont shut off again since i got a windows again literally all i do...
  3. "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...: MS Outlook appears to be generating this error, however, there is no remedy mentioned. Comcast tech support has been contacted at least 3 times and have not been helpful. We have moved from a location that has Comcast service to an area where they dont service. We are...
  4. "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...: MS Outlook appears to be generating this error, however, there is no remedy mentioned. Comcast tech support has been contacted at least 3 times and have not been helpful. We have moved from a location that has Comcast service to an area where they dont service. We are...
  5. IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted: This was corrected last week by a microsoft support person and I shut down my computer and now when I log back in I am getting the same error message. Can you tell me how to fix this?...
  6. Oh you wanted something to erase, let he help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Oh you wanted something to erase, let he help: I hope you senior management dies of a protracted illness of horror, maybe dementia in diapers hoping not to aspirate your last sustenance, How's that you ****?...
  7. Just wanted to know

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just wanted to know: So, after like 2-3 months of getting my laptop, there is this weird thing that has been happening(idk if its weird and happens to everyone but just wanted to now). If I, for ex, press the windows key there is a 1-2 seconds delay in opening the start menu but if I open it...
  8. Hello guys, something like that happened. Do you know what to do?

Hello guys, something like that happened. Do you know what to do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/majloszel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igfe4p/hello_guys_something_like_that_happened_do_you/
  9. You guys know what this is.

You guys know what this is.: So yeah it’s happening again (it happens literally every startup) black screen no cursor, is lit up, can’t even get into the automatic repair screen because the turn it off and back on three times trick won’t work, have no automatic repair drive or cd thing (wouldn’t matter...
  10. Just to let you know

in Windows 10 Support
    Just to let you know: I never had a forced restart because of an update. I used Win10 since it came out on 2 desktops and a laptop (soon 2) and when I used the laptop I left it quite often on and no forced restarts. It would update when I clicked "update and shut down". - - - Updated - - - Also,...