Windows 10: Just what does Microsoft really have on me anyway?

Discus and support Just what does Microsoft really have on me anyway? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Want to see what Microsoft has on you? Just go to: account.microsoft.com Log in with your Microsoft account user name and password and then click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NavyLCDR, Dec 13, 2020.

1. NavyLCDR Win User

Just what does Microsoft really have on me anyway?

Want to see what Microsoft has on you? Just go to:
    account.microsoft.com

Log in with your Microsoft account user name and password and then click on the privacy tab.

:)

NavyLCDR, Dec 13, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 13, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Just what does Microsoft really have on me anyway? :p

cadaveca, Dec 13, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Just what does Microsoft really have on me anyway? - Similar Threads - does Microsoft really

2. Is there anyway for Microsoft to take me off of the business subscription without me...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there anyway for Microsoft to take me off of the business subscription without me...: I did a trial of the Microsoft business subscription and was never able to log in because I obviously did something wrong and then forgot about it because I thought it was just a trial and would end on its own. Now for 2 months, I have tried to log in to end the subscription...
  3. Is there anyway for Microsoft to take me off of the business subscription without me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway for Microsoft to take me off of the business subscription without me...: I did a trial of the Microsoft business subscription and was never able to log in because I obviously did something wrong and then forgot about it because I thought it was just a trial and would end on its own. Now for 2 months, I have tried to log in to end the subscription...
  4. Is there anyway for Microsoft to take me off of the business subscription without me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This is not really a question just a comment. What Microsoft has done to the File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is not really a question just a comment. What Microsoft has done to the File Explorer...: This is just a comment regarding the latest Windows 11 update. What you have done the File Explorer is horrible and cumbersome. Just put it back the way it was. As far as I could see there was nothing wrong with it....
  6. This is not really a question just a comment. What Microsoft has done to the File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is not really a question just a comment. What Microsoft has done to the File Explorer...: This is just a comment regarding the latest Windows 11 update. What you have done the File Explorer is horrible and cumbersome. Just put it back the way it was. As far as I could see there was nothing wrong with it....
  7. Is it just me, or is this a REALLY big deal? (Feature Update for 21H1)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it just me, or is this a REALLY big deal? (Feature Update for 21H1): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ronvass [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nmz1d8/is_it_just_me_or_is_this_a_really_big_deal/
  8. I don’t know if it’s just me, but Microsoft Edge is opening up really often

I don’t know if it’s just me, but Microsoft Edge is opening up really often: And I mean really often, seemingly every 5 minutes or so submitted by /u/m_riss1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0exbz/i_dont_know_if_its_just_me_but_microsoft_edge_is/
  9. I just ran CHKDSK and it found errors but it just rold me to repair the drive. What does...

I just ran CHKDSK and it found errors but it just rold me to repair the drive. What does...: I just ran CHKDSK and it found errors but it just rold me to repair the drive. What does that mean? submitted by /u/Hunz_Hutre [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/koyw1c/i_just_ran_chkdsk_and_it_found_errors_but_it_just/
  10. Win10's auto-update (disabled AMAP) just made me really, really angry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10's auto-update (disabled AMAP) just made me really, really angry: I already had Windows automatic updates disabled as much as think the operating system allows -- I think. I'm on Win10 1909, build 18363.959. Time to try again, and ask for help here. Windows woke up my computer from hibernation last night, merely to update Edge (which I...