Windows 10: Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water

Discus and support Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just came across this as I must have missed it before as I am sure Google put it out back in March The Best Replacements for the Soon-to-Be-Retired... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, Jul 6, 2016.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water

I just came across this as I must have missed it before as I am sure Google put it out back in March The Best Replacements for the Soon-to-Be-Retired Chrome App Launcher

Now I don't know about anyone else but this is really insulting ones intelligence and it is hard take it seriously. They have made their apps system that much more convoluted than before and with all that has been going on it makes one want to lose the will to live. It seems to me change for change sake*sarc

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jul 6, 2016

2. Thought it was battery notification...

But the more I read and the more trouble I'm having with it, I don't believe it's the battery. After the latest update (Fall Creator), I began to not get battery notifications on my laptop when my battery was running low & I needed to plug into AC. But the
    closer I began to watch, the battery wasn't low, it still had a good charge, even 70-80% but my laptop would just go BLACK and I would need to plug in the adapter and restart. So far, I've not lost any data or even the place where I was on a website or on
    the page in a document when I logged back on, but something is making this happen again and again, when I'm not plugged in. Also, when I AM plugged in, the battery icon in the taskbar gives me the % of the battery, but says it plugged in but not charging,
    however, I have yet to run out of battery juice. What the deal? And as an fyi to you, I do have another AC adapter on order just in case that's it, but I don't believe at this point that's really the problem. I truly think something is up from the update.
    Any ideas?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

CindyHiggins_895, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Thought it was battery notification...

Hi Cindy,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing battery issue in Windows 10. This could be caused by the power settings issue or with the battery itself.

You can consider running the Power troubleshooter. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power, and then click
      Run troubleshooter.

Updating the battery drivers can help. You can check this article on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jul 6, 2016
Thema:

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water

1. Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water - Similar Threads - thought was safe

2. I just want to get back to chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just want to get back to chat: I have error 0xA00F4244 I WAS IN CHAT CANT GET BACK THERE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-want-to-get-back-to-chat/67c80d3b-d4cd-489a-903a-a3e62f20002c
  3. I just want to get back to chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just want to get back to chat: I have error 0xA00F4244 I WAS IN CHAT CANT GET BACK THERE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-want-to-get-back-to-chat/67c80d3b-d4cd-489a-903a-a3e62f20002c
  4. I just want to get back to chat

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,: heyal,anyone know how this worked?thanks~ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-thought-there-was-a-way-to-get-sound-while-in/dce1b25f-fe1c-483f-9e70-5ba81e4a4d35
  6. I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I thought there was a way to get sound while in safe mode with networking,: heyal,anyone know how this worked?thanks~ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-thought-there-was-a-way-to-get-sound-while-in/dce1b25f-fe1c-483f-9e70-5ba81e4a4d35
  7. Need help getting back "Safe to Remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help getting back "Safe to Remove Hardware": Two days ago I have lost getting the message that it is "Safe to remove hardware" and really would like to get it back. Now when I eject the hardware, the icon disappears but I don't get the message. There is a reason why I would feel better if the message appears. My...
  8. Can you just get Excel?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can you just get Excel?: Can you just get Excel for Windows 10 without all the other stuff that comes with Office? 128121
  9. Just a Thought I will share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a Thought I will share: As most of you know I have had some issues with Windows 10 and I believe that I was the cause of all of them. I removed stuff that I did not need, tweaked things, and so forth. I now have a clean running machine that is faster than it ever was. I have done the Following:...
  10. Just when you think it can't be worse!

in Windows 10 Support
    Just when you think it can't be worse!: I've had 10 for a few months now. During that time I've had several automatic updates. Most have been unnoticeable, a few others were anti productive. The first and the last (two days ago) have been horrible. When I first downloaded 10 I immediately lost my CD/DVD drive. No...