Windows 10: Just Windows Security?

Discus and support Just Windows Security? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've always used 3rd party anti-virus and firewall software, but it looks like windows finally offers an in-built package that means I no longer need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amancandance, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Just Windows Security?

I've always used 3rd party anti-virus and firewall software, but it looks like windows finally offers an in-built package that means I no longer need to buy a security service. Is this advisable? I have a Kaspersky subscription and I read that they can co-exist, but removing software is always preferable if it's unnecessary. What do you think?

:)

amancandance, Feb 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 13, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 13, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Just Windows Security?

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Just Windows Security?

1. Just Windows Security? - Similar Threads - Security

2. I cant Enable my Windows Security Service in Services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant Enable my Windows Security Service in Services: I want to Enable it but I Cant seem to press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-enable-my-windows-security-service-in/b761c461-e5a7-44e8-905c-008325c3eb4a
  3. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. 0x8007000d: Please someone help me with this. I have tried all the methods mentioned on the web. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/f7a979d7-4916-44b0-abed-a6556d8fa0ff
  4. Re:Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus..."

Re:Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus...": Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus..." - KB2267602 was the last defender update that installed. There is usually a daily update and there still is on my other laptop with WIndows 10 OS. Is there a known fix for this? "The other...
  5. Trying to get rid of ‚for security and performance, this mode of windows only runs...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to get rid of ‚for security and performance, this mode of windows only runs...: So obviously most people get when in s mode and they try to download something not on the App Store but every single time I try to switch my laptop on the message comes up and no matter how many times I click close the message wont go away, so my laptop is basically unusable...
  6. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 was the last defender update that installed. There is usually a daily update and there still is on my other laptop with WIndows 10 OS. Is there a known fix for this? Thank you....
  7. windows security potentially unwanted app alert - but no way to identify the app

windows security potentially unwanted app alert - but no way to identify the app: Windows security is giving me a popup telling me I have a potentially unwanted app but when I click on the popup and it goes to the security centre, none of the options app control, scan, etc are flagged and there's nothing in any of the various protection histories.I'm not...
  8. What happened to Windows Security?

What happened to Windows Security?: I recently was trying to reset my Windows firewall to default and when I went into Windows Security, I was greeted by this:How can I fix this? And how did this happen in the first place?...
  9. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. Error code: 0x80004002

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. Error code: 0x80004002: i am facing update error . my pc is showing "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. Error code: 0x80004002" can anyone of you people resolve this?...
  10. Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender

Ehiz Virus and Windows Security / Defender: I recently got attacked by an Ehiz virus. I already removed the malware using various apps such as Msert and Malwarebytes. However, I can't still turn on my Windows Defender firewall/ Windows Security. The windefend was already installed in the registry but the Windows...