Windows 10: Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's...

Discus and support Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When checking details in task manager, it's basically using K-bytes of ram for each of my open applications, is that normal?If not, how could I solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cakey_K, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Cakey_K Win User

Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's...

When checking details in task manager, it's basically using K-bytes of ram for each of my open applications, is that normal?If not, how could I solve this?

:)

Cakey_K, Apr 12, 2024
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Scanner won't run on Windows 11

Here is what worked for me.

Step 1. Uninstall all Epson software by using the Control Panel Programs and Features uninstall process.

Step 2. Download ALL Epson files related to my scanner from the official Epson Perfection support page. Here is the link.

Perfection Series | Scanners | Epson® Official Support

I selected my scanner model from the list, which took me to the scanner’s support page.

From the dropdown list I selected Windows 11 as my operating system – even though the web form “detected” Windows 10 64 bit. Make sure to hit the “GO” button to reveal the list of downloadable files.

Step 3. There were seven files displayed under the “Utilities” section. I downloaded all of them into a file folder on my hard drive – noting the date of each file.

Step 4. Rename to add numbers to all files according to their associated date, starting with the oldest first. My renamed files looked like this:

1_epson16827.exe – Epson Copy Utility v4.1.1+

2_EPS_1.00.10.exe – Easy Photo Scan v1.00.10+

3_V550_EScan_3923_AM.exe – Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.9.2.3+

4_ESCU_1.0.0.0.exe – Common Updater for Epson Scan v1.0.0.0+

5_EEM_31153.exe – Epson Event Manager v3.11.53+

6_ESCU_W11.exe – Epson Scan Common Updater v1.0.0+

7_ESU_4.6.3.exe – Epson Software Updater v4.6.3

Step 5. Install all seven files sequentially, starting with 1_epson16827.exe and working methodically up to 7_ESU_4.6.3.exe

Step 6. Turn on scanner. Reboot.

Everyday operation (after performing this reinstall)

Step 1. Turn on scanner and then boot. Make sure scanner is powered on before boot.

If Windows is running but the scanner was not turned on before boot -- and if the scanner is not responsive do the following:

Step 1. Turn on scanner.

Step 2. In Windows 11, run services.msc. Find the “Windows Image Acquisition” service. Restart that service. Agree to restart Epson scanning service.

Step 3. Run Epson Scan. This should initialize all necessary electronic connections. Might need to run once, close, and run a second time.

Anyways, this is what is working for me… today. I hope it works for me tomorrow as well.

trilobite53, Apr 12, 2024
  4. Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's...

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's...

1. Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's... - Similar Threads - wondering UNCServer exe

2. Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just wondering, the UNCServer.exe is running constantly while using my PC windows 11. It's...: When checking details in task manager, it's basically using K-bytes of ram for each of my open applications, is that normal?If not, how could I solve this?...
  3. My PC crashed while I was sleeping wondering if this is bad or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashed while I was sleeping wondering if this is bad or not?: So, to start off my PC crashed twice I think while I was sleeping. The reason I am worried is because this hasn't happened before. I did have a microsoft secuirty update around that time but I don't think this error would pop up? I also didn't see a crash dump file I might've...
  4. My PC crashed while I was sleeping wondering if this is bad or not?

My PC crashed while I was sleeping wondering if this is bad or not?: So, to start off my PC crashed twice I think while I was sleeping. The reason I am worried is because this hasn't happened before. I did have a microsoft secuirty update around that time but I don't think this error would pop up? I also didn't see a crash dump file I might've...
  5. My PC crashed while I was sleeping wondering if this is bad or not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Just Wondering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Wondering?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This computer, is very nice!It has a, 17 inch display. And a, DVD Drive.My, question is:When playing CDs in my DVD drive. How can I get, the display.To show the, frequency spectrum.Changing, with the music audio?It would...
  7. Just Wondering?

Just Wondering?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This computer, is very nice!It has a, 17 inch display. And a, DVD Drive.My, question is:When playing CDs in my DVD drive. How can I get, the display.To show the, frequency spectrum.Changing, with the music audio?It would...
  8. Just Wondering?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Just Wondering . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just Wondering . . .: I'll make this quick . . . Why is YouTube on every URL . . . I've ever seen? Thanks for reading . . . Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-wondering/c8894d35-405c-4ec5-a4e2-66ada0b11099
  10. Just wondering......

Just wondering......: Microsoft is ditching Edge. Will Windows 10 Mail be next ? 124178