Windows 10: K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader Cannot uninstall Protector Suite QL 5.2

Discus and support K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader Cannot uninstall Protector Suite QL 5.2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to install K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader. I have Windows 10 PRO and their instruction Disc said that there is no need to use that disc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Pool Commish, Mar 21, 2019.

1. K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader Cannot uninstall Protector Suite QL 5.2

I tried to install K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader. I have Windows 10 PRO and their instruction Disc said that there is no need to use that disc. I hooked up the USB Fingerprint scanner and I heard the “beep” but nothing appeared on screen setup of or shows in My Computer.

I then used their disc Fingerprint Security Reader and clicked on Installation. Again nothing appeared.

Now here’s my problem. I went to Control panel to see if anything was in there for this unit. There is a program Protector Suite QL 5.2 shown. I have tried to uninstall this but it tells me I’m missing a .dll file. When I click OK, a popup comes and says “

Installer Information

The program requires IE 5.00 and higher

I have rebooted about 10 times and nothing works.​

I tried their webpage www.kbytememory.com and get this:
    This site can’t be reached
    www.kbytememory.com took too long to respond.
    Search Google for kbyte memory
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT​

I have called K BYTE tech support (800.840.9212) the last few days 4 times. All you get is a voicemail saying “we are busy leave a message and tell us what the problem is and leave your number” no one has called back.

How do I get this Protector Suite QL 5.2 out of my computer?

:)

The Pool Commish, Mar 21, 2019

2. k byte

can the k byte fingerprint reader work with win 10

denniskinsey, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device.

The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected files as well as entering passwords into web screens. The software maintained a database, which allowed any entry of a password to be stored against a fingerprint.

Consequently, I've become used to simply swiping the fingerprint reader to enter all my passwords. Brilliant!

Along comes Windows 10 and I can't get Protector Suite 2012 to install. It gives the error "To use this product, Windows Biometric Framework must be enabled.". I can successfully setup Windows 10 Hello to use the fingerprint reader to login to Windows 10, but this is a small fraction of the potential of using fingerprints.

Anyone any idea on how to enable Windows Biometric Framework. By the way I've already tried using gpedit.msc to Enable "Allow the use of biometrics" but this doesn't appear to make the slightest bit of difference.

Alternatively, is there any Windows 10 compatible software out there that will do more than simply allow me to use my fingerprint reader to login. I would like to use it to enter passwords for protected files and web page inputs.

I performed a clean, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro alongside my existing Windows 7 Ultimate, so I can dual boot. Until I get ALL the functionality I currently have with Windows 7, I won't be switching to Windows 10 anytime soon.

milleniumaire, Mar 21, 2019
  4. K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader Cannot uninstall Protector Suite QL 5.2

Fingerprint Scanner

I'm using K-Byte Fingerprint Security Reader [Model No: KB-FPIDTCS3]

but I don't know if it works on windows 10, Does it?

eddavisREAL, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader Cannot uninstall Protector Suite QL 5.2

1. K BYTE Fingerprint Security Reader Cannot uninstall Protector Suite QL 5.2 - Similar Threads - BYTE Fingerprint Security

2. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  3. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  4. Fingerprint reader

Fingerprint reader: My Precision5530 will not let me use the fingerprint reader to sign into my computer. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader/b314b40e-f1d8-4656-8445-ce60053a472c
  5. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  6. fingerprinter reader

fingerprinter reader: hola, tengo un portatil lenovo, venia con windows 7, compre windows 10 pro, pero mi fingerprinter reader no funciona, en windows hello ni en otras aplicaciones, en administrador de de dispositivos lo trate de actualizar diver y me dice que no encontro diver en linea y que...
  7. Cannot uninstall Foxit Reader

Cannot uninstall Foxit Reader: I like Foxit Reader, but it stopped working so I tried to reinstall it. I downloaded FoxitReader97_Setup_Prom_IS.exe from their website and tried to reinstall. Partway through, I get the message "Installation unsuccessful. Please uninstall the previous version before...
  8. K Byte Fingerprint Security Reader will no work with Google

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    K Byte Fingerprint Security Reader will no work with Google: I just received the K Byte Fingerprint Security Reader and after trouble loading it I find another problem. I use Google as my search engine and the Proctor Suite 2012 that Control Center Home where you register the web pages you want in “the safe” is sending me reasons why I...
  9. Windows Hello with 2 Fingerprint readers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello with 2 Fingerprint readers: I want to use Windows 10 Hello with my laptop's FP reader, which works well, but also would like to use an external FP reader when my laptop is docked and the internal FP reader on the laptop's keyboard deck is hidden (lid is closed) Can this be done? or will Windows Hello...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kbyte security reader not working windows

2. k byte fingerprint reader software

3. k byte fingerprint reader windows 10