Windows 10: K Key won't work until used with Shift

Discus and support K Key won't work until used with Shift in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,First of all please forgive me for mistaKes involving Key K. THis had happened earlier but but reinstalling driver has fixed it always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A student_11, Apr 2, 2022.

1. K Key won't work until used with Shift

Hello everyone,First of all please forgive me for mistaKes involving Key K. THis had happened earlier but but reinstalling driver has fixed it always but this happens way too often now,tried using dism and sfc, followed by an upgrade.Nothing worKs. what do i do

:)

A student_11, Apr 2, 2022
  2. LuuEsper Win User

My K Key wont worK unless I press shift.

So if im in caps locK and I press shift+K I will get a lowercase letter K. but if im trying to type normally without pressing shift then absolutely nothing happens when I press the K Key. Can anyone help me with this?? I am a gamer so I really need this
    Key to worK and so far havent found any worKing solutions for it. My drivers all say they're up to date and oK, I've restarted my pc and everything. It was worKing perfectly about half an hour ago but I dont Know what caused it to get messed up.

LuuEsper, Apr 2, 2022
  3. m3110w Win User
    HP Pavilion 15-ab030tx . Shift-quote key combo not working (Windows 10

Thanks for your reply.

I am pressing them together, even though it doesn't appear on the Kybd Event Viewer screenshot. Both shift keys are working normally with other keys. But for some reason neither shift key works with the single-quote key.

I did try Sticky Keys and it works! The double quote character appears when I use it. However, it works for ALL keys, which isn't good for me; I'd have to totally change my typing patterns. I only want it to work with the single-quote key, and I don't think that's possible. The ShortKeys solution works well.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cheers,

m3110w, Apr 2, 2022
  4. LTUGamer Win User

K Key won't work until used with Shift

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Apr 2, 2022
Thema:

K Key won't work until used with Shift

1. K Key won't work until used with Shift - Similar Threads - Key won't until

2. 8, I and K keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8, I and K keys are not working.: Hi,I have a Lenovo Thinkbook. The 8, I and K keys are not working. They are connected diagonally so it's assumed that it is one issue affecting all 3. Any suggestions? Could/should I open the laptop to check?TIA...
  3. 8, I and K keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8, I and K keys are not working.: Hi,I have a Lenovo Thinkbook. The 8, I and K keys are not working. They are connected diagonally so it's assumed that it is one issue affecting all 3. Any suggestions? Could/should I open the laptop to check?TIA...
  4. 8, I and K keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. shift key won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key won't work: my shift key will not work and i can't access any special characters from the numbers bar. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-key-wont-work/82ba5dc3-b400-4e7e-a424-0e52961c0483
  6. shift key won't work

shift key won't work: my shift key will not work and i can't access any special characters from the numbers bar. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-key-wont-work/82ba5dc3-b400-4e7e-a424-0e52961c0483
  7. shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key not working: Left shift key not working on my keyboard and sometimes it will suddenly work without even pressing it. Its hard to compose email if it is continuesly like this. I have desktop computer...
  8. K Key won't work until used with Shift

K Key won't work until used with Shift: Hello everyone,First of all please forgive me for mistaKes involving Key K. THis had happened earlier but but reinstalling driver has fixed it always but this happens way too often now,tried using dism and sfc, followed by an upgrade.Nothing worKs. what do i do...
  9. K Key won't work until used with Shift

K Key won't work until used with Shift: Hello everyone,First of all please forgive me for mistaKes involving Key K. THis had happened earlier but but reinstalling driver has fixed it always but this happens way too often now,tried using dism and sfc, followed by an upgrade.Nothing worKs. what do i do...
  10. Both Shift Keys Won't Work Out of Nowehere

Both Shift Keys Won't Work Out of Nowehere: Hello! I have tried restarting, updating, cleaning the keyboard, holding down the shift keys, turning off sticky keys, turning on sticky keys and turning them off again, unistalling the keyboard, reinstalling the keyboard, performing a virus scan, crying, screaming, praying,...