Windows 10: K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan

Discus and support K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. When copying K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update, no matter where it's downloaded from, file gets quarantined by Windows Defender as a trojan. This... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Mar 11, 2019.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan

Hello.

When copying K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update, no matter where it's downloaded from, file gets quarantined by Windows Defender as a trojan. This must be a false positive, but I want to be sure.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Mar 11, 2019

2. K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta

K-Lite Codec Pack 10.8.0 has been released and it includes compatibility for 10 TP

• Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.7.0
    • Updated LAV Filters to version 0.63
    • Updated ffdshow to version 1.3.4533
    • Compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview
    • Added DirectX components that are needed by MPC-HC x64

Changelog for K-Lite Codec Pack Full

JDobbsy1987, Mar 11, 2019
  3. A Guy Win User
    K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta

K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan [​IMG]
    Warning These beta versions are for testing purposes. Please report on the forum if you encounter any problems!

K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta versions

A Guy, Mar 11, 2019
  4. klcp Win User

K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music

K-Lite is not responsible for your problem. K-Lite (and other packs as well) use a whole different type of codec (DirectShow) then what Groove uses. Groove only uses the standard Media Foundation codecs from Microsoft that come with Windows 10.

Installing the Windows 10 Fall Update may fix your problem.

Thema:

1. K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan - Similar Threads - Lite Codec Pack

2. 8, I and K keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8, I and K keys are not working.: Hi,I have a Lenovo Thinkbook. The 8, I and K keys are not working. They are connected diagonally so it's assumed that it is one issue affecting all 3. Any suggestions? Could/should I open the laptop to check?TIA...
  3. where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...: This is for windows 11 system. I use freeware players and need to down load codec packs containing ffdshow for the ac3 codec. I was thinking K-lite mega but not sure where it is safe to download it from without getting infected. Anyone know where it is safe to download the...
  4. where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...: This is for windows 11 system. I use freeware players and need to down load codec packs containing ffdshow for the ac3 codec. I was thinking K-lite mega but not sure where it is safe to download it from without getting infected. Anyone know where it is safe to download the...
  5. K Lite + Filmora X

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    K Lite + Filmora X: I am a complete stranger to everything codec. I have a laptop that I used these two programs combined to make videos and control the language/subtitles. On my new pc I can't get the K Lite to show up in the system tray when I open Filmora X. The icons do show up when I use...
  6. Microsoft camera codec pack

Microsoft camera codec pack: Why not install my Microsoft camera codec on Windows 10? It gives me a message This program is not intended for this version of windows Thank you for helping me...
  7. Trojan flagged from main computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trojan flagged from main computer.: Here is my situation: I have 2 virtual machines. One windows and one linux. I coded a trojan on my linux vm. Windows defender on my host machine was not alerted. I transferred the file to my windows vm and windows defender picked it up right away from my host machine. Is this...
  8. K-Lite Codec

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    K-Lite Codec: On startup got a blank black screen after a small buffering wheel. Using HP Envoy laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. Tried to turn off the machine, couldn't. Closed the laptop, and when I re-opened it the lock screen was on. Usually just flashes by. Hit the space bar, and...
  9. K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta

K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta: [img] Warning These beta versions are for testing purposes. Please report on the forum if you encounter any problems! K-Lite Codec Pack 10.7.8 Changelog: Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.6.279 Updated LAV Filters to version 0.62-58-gd8d8713 Updated ffdshow to...
  10. K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music

K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music: Groove Music refuses to play local MP3's and gives error. I have located the problem to be that I installed K-lite Codec Pack and obviously that messes codecs Groove uses (can use). I haven't been able to solve Groove's issue - what to do? Is there some other good...