Windows 10: Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

Discus and support Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am a bit confused as to whether or not I have 2 virus checkers running at the same time! I've taken a couple of pics and perhaps someone can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jon12345, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Jon12345 Win User

Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

I am a bit confused as to whether or not I have 2 virus checkers running at the same time!

I've taken a couple of pics and perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running? [​IMG]

Thanks,

Jon

:)

Jon12345, Mar 29, 2018

2. Win10 fall creator update issue - Controlled folder access.

Windows defender and Kaspersky both are running, And windows defender as an active mode.

IrshadMulla, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Defender turned off my Kaspersky

One day I got a notification "Security and Maintenance, both Windows defender and Kaspersky Internet Security is turned off" when I click it, it opens a small window,

Kaspersky Internet Security Off

Windows Defender Snooze

will only let me turn on defender, not Kaspersky...

please help, thanks

(windows 10)

NoahChisholm, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

I think Windows Defender's real-time protection is off.

Matthew Wai, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Kaspersky is not registering in the Windows Defender Security Center but it is working. The Windows Defender antivirus is not running. See if Kaspersky has a setting to register in Windows 10 to show it is running. Other than that you are fine if Kaspersky real time protection is active.

Access Denied, Mar 29, 2018
  6. Superfly Win User
    What does clicking on details show? If KiS is out of date you will get that message as Windows will pick it up... make sure latest definitions are installed.

Superfly, Mar 29, 2018
  7. w7bill Win User
    jon12345,

As noted by Superfly we need to know what is under "details" that will revel this screen

As a long time Kaspersky user the Windows Defender Security Center will show the message you posted at times. However there is something that needs investigating due to the Kaspersky GUI showing not happy. If the only problem is the WDSC message I think you can safely ignore that one, as long as Kaspersky is "Green" like below

Hope this helps

w7bill, Mar 30, 2018
  8. Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

Matthew Wai, Mar 30, 2018
  9. Jon12345 Win User
    The Details button only reveals software that needs updating. Licensing is in effect.

Is it supposed to show under the Windows Defender Security Centre? I thought that used to be the case, but maybe that was back in the day.

Jon12345, Apr 1, 2018
  10. w7bill Win User
    jon12345,

That is good, if you update software you then need to run the "software updater" from the more tools menu for the main GUI to turn green.

I chose to update eon my own but allow Kaspersky to remind me, I personally don't care to the full automation.

Now back to your original issue -- Here is a snip of what you should see

I will look around and see if I can dig up how you could fix it, a reinstall comes to mind (of Kaspersky) but that is aggressive. The windows notifications center usage has changed for some Kaspersky users mine has stayed working here.

Hope this helps

w7bill, Apr 2, 2018
  11. w7bill Win User
    jon12345.

I have been trying find more info for you, I ran into some threads that say to click the "restart now" button from your original screen shot. Just curious if you tried that?

It seems windows is "supposed" to fix the issue if you do so.

As already pointed out, I think the AV is working correctly just windows is not happy.

w7bill, Apr 3, 2018
  12. Kaspersky ON=>Windows Defender OFF.

minhtan7291, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

1. Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running? - Similar Threads - Kaspersky Defender both

2. Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?: Which antivirus should I use??? Kaspersky Internet Security or Windows defender? Or both??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-kaspersky-internet-security/b4755732-7af4-4bd0-9f21-38d3bc66918f
  3. Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky: If I uninstall Kasperksy will Windows Defender/Security automatically take over? I am asking because I want to install Malwarebytes, but there is a known issue with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. Thanks....
  4. Defender/Kaspersky

Defender/Kaspersky: I have win 8.1 on my PC and have relied on Kaspersky for a number of years. It has served me well over the years except once when I encountered a software issue and turned off Kaspersky, enabled Windows Defender so I could scan for issues. Defender found the issue that...
  5. Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection?

Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection?: I read a current article regarding how parts of Windows Defender can run in a sandbox. The article recommended running Windows Defender in conjunction with another protection program and mentioned Malwarebytes. I use Norton Internet Protection which has anti-malware features...
  6. Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?

Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?: It seems that the last couple of days every time I boot up my Win 10 PC Windows Defender has a red cross on its icon, when I open it I get a message saying Kaspersky Free is off and your device may be unprotected. When I open Kaspersky it says all is good and my computer is...
  7. Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?

Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?: Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender? Or it is better completely disable windows defender and only use Kaspersky? 99524
  8. Can't disable Windows Defender with Kaspersky

Can't disable Windows Defender with Kaspersky: I've found the page that advises on how to disable Windows Defender on here, but the screen I get in the 'Windows Defender Security Centre' looks nothing like I see there, and there is no option to turn off real time protection, only a way of changing scan options. I keep...
  9. Running both Malwarebytes & Windows Defender ?

Running both Malwarebytes & Windows Defender ?: Have been running MBAM Pro and Windows Defender. This article incl exclusions for both progs to avoid potential conflicts when running simultaneously - How to Run Malwarebytes Alongside Another Antivirus "Malwarebytes is coded in a different way and is designed to run...
  10. Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security

Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security: I've got Kaspersky KIS 2016 installed on Win10 and have turned (or tried to turn) Windows Defender off via Group Policy. It even says it's bee turned off. But Speccy v1.28.709 says: Windows Defender Windows Defender Enabled Firewall Firewall Enabled Display Name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run windows defender with kaspersky same time