Windows 10: Kaspersky Lab has changed (in win32/drivers/) hosts.txt values.

Discus and support Kaspersky Lab has changed (in win32/drivers/) hosts.txt values. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So here I'm just wondering why the hell Kaspersky Lab has changed my hosts.txt to values (I guess standard values). Kaspersky Lab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/olikato, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Kaspersky Lab has changed (in win32/drivers/) hosts.txt values.

Kaspersky Lab has changed (in win32/drivers/) hosts.txt values. utAjairwheEiCB0cOfbLGV7Dnj_IBjIiHnuKUniByKw.jpg

So here I'm just wondering why the hell Kaspersky Lab has changed my hosts.txt to values (I guess standard values).

Kaspersky Lab changed values

I often block sites through the hosts.txt (I made a .bat for it, so it goes automatically to hosts.txt) example:

0.0.0.0 /u/olikato
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/olikato, Feb 7, 2020

2. Cannot download Kaspersky Lab in Windows 10

Hi,

As the issue is with the Kaspersky Lab i suggest you to contact the Kaspersky support and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same and check if it helps.

Kaspersky Knowledge Base

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved.
    Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Reply us if you have any queries with the Windows 10 we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge and Kaspersky Lab

When will Microsoft release a version of Edge with extensions so Kaspersky Lab can provide all security features of Kaspersky Total Security 2016? I don't understand what's taking so long. Now, if I use a website needing password protection, I must use
    either Internet Explorer or Chrome. That doesn't seem to me to be a very good way for Microsoft to get their customers to use Edge.

Does anyone have any answers?

RougePierre, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Kaspersky Lab has changed (in win32/drivers/) hosts.txt values.

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Kaspersky Lab has changed (in win32/drivers/) hosts.txt values.

1. Kaspersky Lab has changed (in win32/drivers/) hosts.txt values. - Similar Threads - Kaspersky Lab has

2. uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc: I need to unistall Kaspersky Internet Security from my pc, windows 10. after manual Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security I have a problem. I already did 1. control panel 2. programs and feautures 3. uninstall The Kaspersky Internet Security the result is: it is not...
  3. has kaspersky blocked my webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    has kaspersky blocked my webcam?: Has Kaspersky blocked my webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-kaspersky-blocked-my-webcam/54ddf94a-3060-4de0-a7e7-e379a405ae1a
  4. Hosts file not editable after Kaspersky "desinfection"

Hosts file not editable after Kaspersky "desinfection": Although I had added the etc folder to my exclusions in my Internet Security settings, Kaspersky messed with my hosts file again. In Admin mode I cannot open it, even copy it to another location - always get the "no permission" message:...
  5. Hosts file not editable after Kaspersky "desinfection"

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file not editable after Kaspersky "desinfection": Although I had added the etc folder to my exclusions in my Internet Security settings, Kaspersky messed with my hosts file again. In Admin mode I cannot open it, even copy it to another location - always get the "no permission" message:...
  6. Kaspersky scanning change

Kaspersky scanning change: For the first 18 months or so of my last Kaspersky 2-year subscription period, when I plugged in (USB) a memory stick or camera, Kaspersky immediately did a quick scan, then told me in a small box that all was ok. I was happy with that. Then for no obvious reason it stopped...
  7. Kaspersky scanning change

in Windows 10 Support
    Kaspersky scanning change: For the first 18 months or so of my last Kaspersky 2-year subscription period, when I plugged in (USB) a memory stick or camera, Kaspersky immediately did a quick scan, then told me in a small box that all was ok. I was happy with that. Then for no obvious reason it stopped...
  8. Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability

Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability: Kaspersky Lab has released an emergency patch for some of its antivirus products after a security researcher found a critical vulnerability that could allow hackers to compromise computers. The flaw was discovered by vulnerability researcher and Google security engineer...
  9. Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild

in Windows 10 News
    Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild: Woburn, MA – October 16, 2017 – The Kaspersky Lab advanced exploit prevention system has identified a new Adobe Flash zero day exploit, used in an attack on October 10, 2017 by a threat actor known as BlackOasis. The exploit is delivered through a Microsoft Word document and...
  10. Kaspersky Lab discovers Silverlight zero-day vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Kaspersky Lab discovers Silverlight zero-day vulnerability: Kaspersky Lab has discovered a dangerous zero-day vulnerability in Silverlight, potentially placing millions of users at risk. In a blog post on Wednesday, the cybersecurity firm said the vulnerability would allow an attacker to gain full access to a compromised computer...