Windows 10: Kaspersky reporting potential Chrome certificate problem

Discus and support Kaspersky reporting potential Chrome certificate problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 Pro system I use Google Chrome and Kaspersky 19.0.0.1088(d).For the past 2 weeks or so when starting Chrome I invariably get a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tpriest, Feb 19, 2019.

1. tpriest Win User

Kaspersky reporting potential Chrome certificate problem

On my Windows 10 Pro system I use Google Chrome and Kaspersky 19.0.0.1088(d).For the past 2 weeks or so when starting Chrome I invariably get a Kaspersky warning
    The certificate information says
    My Home page is Google search page with 6 short cuts on it.

Any ideas on why has this suddenly started happening?

And thoughts on how do I stop it?

:)

tpriest, Feb 19, 2019

2. Digital Security Certificate Signed by Kaspersky Labs?

Which antivirus do you use? I have seen some antiviruses registering their certificates in browsers to be able to scan SSL traffic. If you have (or had) Kaspersky, maybe the certificate you saw came from there.

Update your Firefox to update list of Intermediate and Root CAs. Is this problem limited to Firefox or you are seeing this on other browsers too?

Prashant Kumar

PrashantKumar96, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Glad you got it sorted.

As soon as a patch is available for the second problem, I or someone will post it. There is a fix for the second problem available now, but thus far it involves manually removing it. Have a look at this article if you want to give it a try.

Second Dell Root Certificate Problem Discovered; How To Check For And Remove eDellRoot And DSDTestProvider Security Risks

Borg 386, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Kaspersky reporting potential Chrome certificate problem - Similar Threads - Kaspersky reporting potential

2. Kaspersky notice SSL connection with invalid certificate detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaspersky notice SSL connection with invalid certificate detected: Hi,Recently i got this notices with my kaspersky total security Event: SSL connection with invalid certificate detectedUser type: Not definedApplication name: rundll32.exeApplication path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64Component: Web Anti-VirusResult description: BlockedObject name:...
  3. Kaspersky notice SSL connection with invalid certificate detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kaspersky notice SSL connection with invalid certificate detected: Hi,Recently i got this notices with my kaspersky total security Event: SSL connection with invalid certificate detectedUser type: Not definedApplication name: rundll32.exeApplication path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64Component: Web Anti-VirusResult description: BlockedObject name:...
  4. Potential security problem

Potential security problem: Hello I have a concern with my windows security since it is not working. I want to do factory reset but it might wipe the license as well. How to make it work or just let windows defender be my security for my PC?...
  5. Certutil and office reports a revoked certificate that is not

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certutil and office reports a revoked certificate that is not: Hi, I have RootCA->IntermediteCA->mycert, and i'm trying to sign microsoft word documents with mycert. When i open the signed document it says the signature is invalid, and when i see signature details, in the tree it reports RootCA is revoked however its not. In certificate...
  6. Combined problem - corupt profile + Chrome software reporter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combined problem - corupt profile + Chrome software reporter: I have several user accounts and one of them is corrupt so I would need to remove it and create it again (I use more than one account). Also I need to reinstall Chrome. None of these things would be problem but this time they are. 1. The old account folder just cannot be...
  7. Kaspersky reporting potential Chrome certificate problem

Kaspersky reporting potential Chrome certificate problem: On my Windows 10 Pro system I use Google Chrome and Kaspersky 19.0.0.1088(d).For the past 2 weeks or so when starting Chrome I invariably get a Kaspersky warning Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established. Application: Google...
  8. Problem With Kaspersky alerts

Problem With Kaspersky alerts: Hi all. Im not sure if this would be the right place for this question regarding Kaspersky Total Security. For some reason when using chrome browser I keep getting an alert saying that Kaspersky has blocked a download from so and so web address ( please refer to the...
  9. Speech Runtime Executable Reported in Kaspersky Internet Security

Speech Runtime Executable Reported in Kaspersky Internet Security: Kaspersky Internet Security reports Speech Runtime Executable as a suspicious action. The component is shown to be located in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\common\SpeechRuntime.exe. How can I remove or disable the component?...
  10. Problems with Certificates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with Certificates: When I run certutil –store, all the certificates have the same data at the end of each entry, which is:- No key provider information Cannot find the certificate and private key for decryption I don’t think that this is correct, as I believe Windows has lost the location of...