Windows 10: Kaspersky Risks?

Discus and support Kaspersky Risks? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Here is another story on Kaspersky software today - Google for UK spymasters raise suspicions over Kaspersky software’s Russia links I've had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Kaspersky Risks?

Here is another story on Kaspersky software today - Google for UK spymasters raise suspicions over Kaspersky software’s Russia links

I've had concerns for some time and have now decided to remove Kaspersky software from my PCs. This is a shame since Kaspersky antivirus software does have some useful features.

I'll rely on Defender with periodic scans by AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes.

:)

Steve C, Nov 12, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

Kaspersky

You don't have to install Windows Defender and the Windows firewall; all you have to do is
    uninstall Kaspersky. The Windows programs will become active after Kaspersky is removed.

JimWynne, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Kaspersky

I want to install free Microsoft security I still have about 10 days left with Kaspersky. What are steps to take to do this?

ArleneRussellTR, Nov 12, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Kaspersky Risks?

CountMike, Nov 12, 2017
  5. I found amusing reading articles like this, it is politics, it has got nothing to do with Kaspersky. For the record NSA did not found any evidence, Israel did, it found Kaspersky analysing CIA tools and it reported it as hacking. Kaspersky reported, that its behavioural engine uploaded a suspicious source code of those tools and once the manager had found about it, he ordered to remove it. All AVs do it, even Windows Defender, but Kaspersky is Russian, so they are the bad guys.

'Israel hacked Kaspersky and caught Russian spies using AV tool to harvest NSA exploits' • The Register

Germany Says No Evidence Found Kaspersky Software Used by Russians for Hacks | Technology News

TairikuOkami, Nov 13, 2017
  6. Gort Win User
    Seems that the origin of this story is in the FT. Linking to it will not work due to it being a kind of paywall.

From reading it, there is nothing new to report, no hard evidence and it's all maybes, ifs, potential, etc. Seems more like FUD than anything.

It's a pity that Barclays have said that they'll be dropping Kaspersky soon. Just hope that they don't inflict McAfee upon their customers. *Wink

7. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, Nov 16, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

Kaspersky Risks?

I see my thread was closed then opened again for some reason. It's interesting you can't see something untoward going on but temporary links could perhaps be reporting back information. The intelligence agencies in the US and UK have given enough hints based on their classified sources for me to now to remove Kaspersky software.

Steve C, Nov 17, 2017
  9. dencal Win User
    Have installed free version Kaspersky on one of four computers.....Hardly realise its installed, no nag nags....Honestly do not believe Russian intelligence have the slightest interest in little old me.

What makes you think they could be interested in yourself?

dencal, Nov 17, 2017
  10. Gort Win User
    Also begs the question as to why you'd trust the US, UK and other Western agencies? It's in their interests to damage the reputation of something that they can't control. Not that I trust the Russian security services, but there is a big smell of FUD going on here.

Thema:

Kaspersky Risks?

1. Kaspersky Risks? - Similar Threads - Kaspersky Risks

2. Why are there compatibility issues between Windows Explorer and Kaspersky total security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there compatibility issues between Windows Explorer and Kaspersky total security...: When running Kaspersky total security antivirus software some issues appear in the Windows Explorer ,Selecting in the side menu such as trying to open folder properties from the side menu....
  3. Why are there compatibility issues between Windows Explorer and Kaspersky total security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there compatibility issues between Windows Explorer and Kaspersky total security...: When running Kaspersky total security antivirus software some issues appear in the Windows Explorer ,Selecting in the side menu such as trying to open folder properties from the side menu....
  4. why my kaspersky showing windows registry issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my kaspersky showing windows registry issue?: I'm using windows 11 laptop, My kaspersky showing registry issue. I've already scanned using DISM tools But issue is still showing* when i click fix, it disapears and appear after PC is restarted!...
  5. why my kaspersky showing windows registry issue?

why my kaspersky showing windows registry issue?: I'm using windows 11 laptop, My kaspersky showing registry issue. I've already scanned using DISM tools But issue is still showing* when i click fix, it disapears and appear after PC is restarted!...
  6. Kaspersky alert: Visit ot a website was prevented - rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaspersky alert: Visit ot a website was prevented - rundll32.exe: Split from this thread. Hi, I have had the same issue.The below is what my antivirus is showing KasperskyEvent: Visit to a website was prevented User type: Initiator Application name: rundll32.exe Application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Component: Safe Browsing Result...
  7. Kaspersky alert: Visit ot a website was prevented - rundll32.exe

Kaspersky alert: Visit ot a website was prevented - rundll32.exe: Split from this thread. Hi, I have had the same issue.The below is what my antivirus is showing KasperskyEvent: Visit to a website was prevented User type: Initiator Application name: rundll32.exe Application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Component: Safe Browsing Result...
  8. I have Windows 7 after when I downloaded Kaspersky antivirus it detected Miner and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Windows 7 after when I downloaded Kaspersky antivirus it detected Miner and then...: I was very scared of what to do, I looked on the Internet for all possible solutions I was very scared of what to do, I looked on the Internet for all possible solutions from the phone, there is no access to prelonies...
  9. I have Windows 7 after when I downloaded Kaspersky antivirus it detected Miner and then...

I have Windows 7 after when I downloaded Kaspersky antivirus it detected Miner and then...: I was very scared of what to do, I looked on the Internet for all possible solutions I was very scared of what to do, I looked on the Internet for all possible solutions from the phone, there is no access to prelonies...
  10. Pendrives shown as applications .exe and opening through kaspersky even though it is not...

Pendrives shown as applications .exe and opening through kaspersky even though it is not...: I have a new DELL Latitude laptop with genuine Microsoft Windows installed, 256Gb SSD, 16GB RAMRecently, when I open a pendrive, it opens a folder with an application named as the pendrive for e.g. HP22w.exe. When i access this pendrive, it closes the window and reopens it...