Windows 10: Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?

Discus and support Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I have had no recent BSOD issues with this Toshiba Satellite L855 whatsoever, until yesterday. I updated my Kaspersky Internet Security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by twistoffate1, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?

Greetings,

I have had no recent BSOD issues with this Toshiba Satellite L855 whatsoever, until yesterday. I updated my Kaspersky Internet Security after obtaining a license, so it was the newest version of Kaspersky installed after about eight months of not using Kaspersky.

Almost immediately, my computer entered a BSOD restart loop, with various cited problems. The first time I believe was a kernel BSOD message, but I've also gotten Driver_Unloaded_Without_Canceling_Pending_Operations and a few others. What failed is usually different, too. In DUWCPO, it was klhk.sys.

I am using this laptop in Safe Mode with Networking, and there seem to be no issues. The problem is I can't uninstall Kaspersky in Safe Mode (uninstallation seems to freeze in Safe Mode with SafeMSI), but when I try Normal Mode, even when I right-click and Exit Kaspersky, the BSOD appears before I can get anywhere in the uninstallation. The varying BSOD usually appears within about five minutes of the prior restart, regardless of whether I sign in--if I just leave it sitting on the startup without signing in to the desktop, it still produces a BSOD.

I even tried a system restore to nine days ago, well before the Kaspersky download and which set back the graphics driver to the previous update, but the BSOD still appeared nonetheless.

Please see the attached msinfo dump, which I hope contains information determining what I should do next.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

:)

twistoffate1, Jan 18, 2017

2. Need some help with Page Fault In Nonpaged Area error

So, I followed your lead and ran Driver verifier, which led to BSOD loop with the following driver as the culprit: klupd klif arkmon sys. (A quick search says this is a kaspersky driver.)

My computer is now in safe mode as I cannot boot past this error. How should I proceed?

Geoff 2016, Jan 18, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    BSOD after Kaspersky Update

Try disabling the cm_km_w.sys which is the Kaspersky driver which is causing the crash.

The cm_km_w.sys should be located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

To disable the cm_km_w.sys rename the cm_km_w.sys to something like cm_km_w.old (change the .sys extension) and then see if you can start the computer in Normal Mode.

If you can access the command prompt try the following command to rename the cm_km_w.sys to cm_km_w.old :

ren C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cm_km_w.sys cm_km_w.old

auggy, Jan 18, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?

philc43, Jan 18, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    I would uninstall Kaspersky, run ccleaner, reboot, then install the latest version.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?

1. Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop? - Similar Threads - Kaspersky update leading

2. BSOD chain into restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD chain into restart loop: I built my pc a few months ago & haven’t really had any issues up until like last week. Just now it got really bad, I’m getting BSOD after BSOD and it’s always the same four errors:...
  3. BSOD chain into restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD chain into restart loop: I built my pc a few months ago & haven’t really had any issues up until like last week. Just now it got really bad, I’m getting BSOD after BSOD and it’s always the same four errors:...
  4. BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops: I had a series of BSoDs this morning, after no issues using my PC last night. I was trying to diagnose the issue, all the while being interrupted by BSoDs, and I got a System Restore process off which reverted me to a state from the day prior. That didn't fix the issue, and...
  5. BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops: I had a series of BSoDs this morning, after no issues using my PC last night. I was trying to diagnose the issue, all the while being interrupted by BSoDs, and I got a System Restore process off which reverted me to a state from the day prior. That didn't fix the issue, and...
  6. BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD leading to spontaneous restart

BSOD leading to spontaneous restart: I'm not sure where to begin but I'll hope some kind souls will tell me what info I should post in order to troubleshoot this. As the subject states, my Lenovo Desktop T7i is experiencing periodic BSODs which lead to a spontaneous restart with no intervention on my part. I've...
  8. Kaspersky Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kaspersky Update: The UK National Cyber Security Centre is warning against using Kaspersky software for systems related to national security - see UK warning of Russian anti-virus software I've always been impressed by Kaspersky software but I have decided to stop using it. 99390
  9. BSOD Loop restart.

BSOD Loop restart.: I've been experiencing startup issues with my PC since last night. I go to startup and startup freezes. It seems that something is either stuck or freezing up on loading. Since it doesn't fully boot up, I have been hitting the reset button or holding the power button. It...
  10. BSOD and restart loop

BSOD and restart loop: Hi I have been getting random BSOD with all different kinds of messages (tcpsp.sis missing or contains errors, irql_not_less_or_equal, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) The PC is custom built by myself and I have tried many things to try to find out what the issue is ( cleared...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. klupd_klif_arkmon.sys windows 7

2. how to free fix klupd_klif_arkmon.sys

3. klupd klif arkmon sys win 10

4. klupd_klif_arkmon_sys,
  5. klupd klif arkmon.sys