Windows 10: KB 4507435 has disturbed HDMI relay to TV - how to restore viewing?

Discus and support KB 4507435 has disturbed HDMI relay to TV - how to restore viewing? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; After Cumulative Update installed yesterday, 18/07/2019, showing as KB4507435, the relay to TV is disrupted. Never had a problem using a HDMI cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nithig, Jul 19, 2019.

1. nithig Win User

KB 4507435 has disturbed HDMI relay to TV - how to restore viewing?

After Cumulative Update installed yesterday, 18/07/2019, showing as KB4507435, the relay to TV is disrupted.

Never had a problem using a HDMI cable from laptop to TV until now.

Image is elongated and impossible to watch. Also in apps such as VLC the lower controls (Play, Pause, FFwd etc) are not accessible.

It seems too much of a coincidence that this has happened following the Update.

Can anyone tell me how to remedy this ?
    Attaching screenshot of Display Settings

:)

nithig, Jul 19, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 19, 2019
  3. connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 19, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. KB 4507435 has disturbed HDMI relay to TV - how to restore viewing? - Similar Threads - 4507435 has disturbed

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  5. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. HDMI not working on tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working on tv: I'm hoping one of you can help me with this. I just bought a new ASUS Laptop BR1100 BR1100FKA-BP0548R. My problem is that when I try to connect to a smart tv using HDMI, it's not working. The problem is not the cord because when I used my Microsoft laptop, I was able to...
  7. HDMI no sound on TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  8. HDMI Viewing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI Viewing: Hi, I need help urgently on how to resolve this. I've got two laptops with me here, one has Windows 8 and the one has Windows 10. When I connect the Windows 8 laptop to my flat screen TV via HDMI, it works perfectly. BUT when i connect the Windows 10 laptop, I only see my...
  9. hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi to tv: i cant see all of my screen it seem that it is streched both top and bottem cant see the bottem half of my task bare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-tv/17330edf-3ace-49fa-8d45-1a831895338b
  10. KB shortcut for folder views?

in Windows 10 Support
    KB shortcut for folder views?: My searching so far hasn't found one, but does anyone know of hotkeys (or any quick keystroke sequence) that will arrange an already open browse window (Open, Save As, etc) in a particular view (List, Detail, etc)? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 140754