Windows 10: KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020

Discus and support KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just got the latest windows update on my amd computer and none of my usb ports are working. I dont remeber the kb number, ive hard restarted multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DogTeddy, Mar 12, 2020.

1. DogTeddy Win User

KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020

I just got the latest windows update on my amd computer and none of my usb ports are working. I dont remeber the kb number, ive hard restarted multiple times, tried changing them to different ports and they work in the bios. I have also tried other mice and nothing is working! Please help!

:)

DogTeddy, Mar 12, 2020
  2. MN12BIRD Win User

Bluetooth KB/Mouse?

I have a customer looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse but he needs it to go 16 feet without any issues. I think the BT ones can do that no problem but they all seem to cost $200! Does anyone know if there is a decent kit in the $100 range? If not are there non-BT models like the 2.4GHZ ones that can do that range?? I saw some of the Logitech Wave kits with 2.4GHZ but in the reviews cust said they started having problems over 10 feet.

Any suggestions would be great he doesn't want to spend $200+ on a KB/Mouse but he needs the range!

Thanks,

Jake

MN12BIRD, Mar 12, 2020
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Mar 12, 2020
  4. KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020

Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020

1. KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020 - Similar Threads - MOUSE WORKING 2020

2. Computer random kb,mouse,display off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer random kb,mouse,display off: Hi there. i am having a problem on my computer for awhile now and more frequent. My computer display turns off together with my keyboard and mouse while The cpu fan is still spinning and the power or reset button does not work. It happens at random, before login screen, while...
  3. Computer random kb,mouse,display off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer random kb,mouse,display off: Hi there. i am having a problem on my computer for awhile now and more frequent. My computer display turns off together with my keyboard and mouse while The cpu fan is still spinning and the power or reset button does not work. It happens at random, before login screen, while...
  4. Recent KB Updates August 2020 Freezing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent KB Updates August 2020 Freezing Windows: Does anyone have a fix for the latest round of updates I just got essentially killing my desktop? It gave me a prompt saying that I must restart now and then installed KB4566782 and its supporting updates right after. After about 2 hours of waiting, my PC booted and was...
  5. Designer Bluetooth mouse and KB freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth mouse and KB freezes: Good day, model 7N9-00018 KB and mouse was purchased 16 feb 2020, and hurt me with freezing keys and delays. I do a lot run diagnostics like "sfc /scannow", reinstall driver, battery, windows update and a lot other things. Some works for some time like 1 to 5 days, but in...
  6. Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens

Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens: The fix for this problem might be available somewhere in this Forum. I had a look around but have not come across it. On Win10, my son's desktop has all of a sudden stopped recognising the mosue and keyboard. They work within the BIOS screens which tells me it is a Win 10...
  7. Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens: The fix for this problem might be available somewhere in this Forum. I had a look around but have not come across it. On Win10, my son's desktop has all of a sudden stopped recognising the mosue and keyboard. They work within the BIOS screens which tells me it is a Win 10...
  8. Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse: Windows turns off KB and mouse. Any direct fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-no-usb-kb-or-mouse/c4bc411f-79c3-46bf-b15a-f73b2075726d
  9. HID KB and mouse Devices

HID KB and mouse Devices: I was having a hard time setting up Logiteck K800 KB. At one time I had 4 in my Devices. I removed all Logiteck drivers but I now have as many (5) HID devices. I am not too conversant with computers so I am wondering if this is a normal situation? 89831
  10. W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working: So I have W10 since the release, clean install, and had no problems at all. Last night I just turned off my PC without any problems. But when I start it now, it is stuck in the W10 login screen. I do see the time and date, and the clock on the login screen is working. If I...