Windows 10: KB Hotfix Check Conditions and Cisco ISE Posture Check

Discus and support KB Hotfix Check Conditions and Cisco ISE Posture Check in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'd like to get some ideas about the KB Hotfix in "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages". I was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John G. de Jesus, Sep 10, 2020.

1. KB Hotfix Check Conditions and Cisco ISE Posture Check

Hi,

I'd like to get some ideas about the KB Hotfix in "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages". I was trying to use this option for ISE Posture Check. Basically, the idea is ISE will check if a certain KB is installed on the system or not. So I will match the "CurrentState" value of 70 or 112 in my posture conditions. In ISE, I have to define the registry location for that certain KB.

Here is the confusion that I am having...

While I was browsing the above registry location, I saw multiple locations for 1 KB ID i.e. KB4565511, see screenshot below. What I don't understand is that for 1 KB ID it has these multiple locations.What does "Package_xxxx" means? For example for KB4565511, in ISE condition configuration, I would need to define each location for KB4565511, so based on the screenshot below that would mean I have to create 35 conditions for only 1 KB. Is there someone here that has a similar setup?

I already open a case with Cisco TAC about this matter. But in parallel, just hoping that posting this question here can somehow help to get my project solved.

KB Hotfix Check Conditions and Cisco ISE Posture Check feb36fb4-b3e2-44e9-8b4f-e4a218d696c8?upload=true.png

Hoping for some replies from windows system engineers.

:)

John G. de Jesus, Sep 10, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Failing to update these KB 3135782, KB 890830 and KB 3135173

Hello,

• Did you tried the above steps suggested by Ruth Buruga?

If not, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it could help in resolving the issue.

Kindly get back to us with the outcome to assist out further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 10, 2020
  4. KB Hotfix Check Conditions and Cisco ISE Posture Check

Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

KB Hotfix Check Conditions and Cisco ISE Posture Check

1. KB Hotfix Check Conditions and Cisco ISE Posture Check - Similar Threads - Hotfix Check Conditions

2. check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon: Looking for something that I can check on a Onedrive business install to see if a staff account is signed in, like a key or event on a workstation that I can they check and maybe raise an alert.The objective is to let staff and support known when Onedrive is not signed in...
  3. check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon: Looking for something that I can check on a Onedrive business install to see if a staff account is signed in, like a key or event on a workstation that I can they check and maybe raise an alert.The objective is to let staff and support known when Onedrive is not signed in...
  4. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  5. Disk checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  6. Sharepoint Check-in / Check-Out Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sharepoint Check-in / Check-Out Issue: Hello there. The check-in / out option in my Sharepoint environment is not working correctly. When I change the Document Library versioning settings to allow the Check-in/out option, I am the only one as the owner that is able to carry out this operation. In the apps or...
  7. Check Mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Check Mark: All of a sudden I've been getting these check marks on my desktop Icons. I refresh and they go away but after a few days they come back. Anyone know how to get rid of them permanently? [img] 158719
  8. CHECK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHECK: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check/282a6540-9c79-4668-90af-e4dd2cc4e9a3
  9. Password Check

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Check: Hi I got a message from Chrome that there had been a data breach and that I should check my Passwords, see attached file, I selected Check and was asked to enter my Windows Password, which I did and got a message that there was nothing wrong. Did I do the wrong thing and...
  10. Check In/Check Out Equipment Booking System

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Check In/Check Out Equipment Booking System: I need a system for users to pre-book equipment. It needs a calendar to check availability, make the booking (check out) and when the equipment is returned, we can check it back in. Ideally an intergartion with Dynamics 365 or even Zendesk would be great. I have found a...