Windows 10: KB shortcut to Device Manager not working?

Discus and support KB shortcut to Device Manager not working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For decades I've use Win + Break to get straight to the Device Manager. But suddenly that's opening All Settings, which then requires a couple of extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Terrypin Win User

KB shortcut to Device Manager not working?

For decades I've use Win + Break to get straight to the Device Manager. But suddenly that's opening All Settings, which then requires a couple of extra clicks. Are other seeing this change please?

:)

Terrypin, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Fabler2 Win User

Device Manager shortcut

Why not create a shortcut as @Farvatten suggested and drag it to the task bar. Then it's a one click open.

KB shortcut to Device Manager not working? [​IMG]

Fabler2, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile KB shortcut to Device Manager not working? :)

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

1. KB shortcut to Device Manager not working? - Similar Threads - shortcut Device Manager

2. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  3. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  4. Device manager not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device manager not working: Device manager not responding. While opening it the following error message comes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-not-working/b41e8f92-9bf9-4ba1-9f2f-344916d6d393
  5. Device Manager Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Not Working: In the beginning, i can't take a screenshot when i pressed 'PrtSc' button. So i got suggestion to update my keyboard driver from Device Manager. When i updated the drive, it's immediately say my driver is in the latest version. But the screenshot still not working. And then i...
  6. Device Manager shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager shortcut: hello*Smile How to add Device Manager to the right click of this pc and start menu? windows 10 v20H2 168118
  7. KB shortcut for folder views?

in Windows 10 Support
    KB shortcut for folder views?: My searching so far hasn't found one, but does anyone know of hotkeys (or any quick keystroke sequence) that will arrange an already open browse window (Open, Save As, etc) in a particular view (List, Detail, etc)? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 140754
  8. Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?: Is there any way to add the Device Manager to the taskbar or start menu? I have a bluetooth dongle that I always need to disable/enable from that menu. 48675
  9. How to add shortcut for "Device Manager" on desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add shortcut for "Device Manager" on desktop?: You're most welcome. *Smile
  10. Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .: I'd like to make a shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/Nvidia nforce networking controller. Or, better still, a batch command to disallow the device from waking the computer. The problem is that it frequently reverts to allowing wake, thus making it impossible to...