Windows 10: KB1000347 update causing PC to suddenly freeze and shutdown-sometimes BsoD

Discus and support KB1000347 update causing PC to suddenly freeze and shutdown-sometimes BsoD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been facing this issue for a very long time and managed to fix by randomly deleting updates. I am a i5 2400 user and updated drivers for AHCI as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cyber_chaoskayalidere, Feb 28, 2019.

1. KB1000347 update causing PC to suddenly freeze and shutdown-sometimes BsoD

I have been facing this issue for a very long time and managed to fix by randomly deleting updates. I am a i5 2400 user and updated drivers for AHCI as stated in numerous topics in forums causing WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors. My computer would suddenly completely freeze for a very long time and then either in variation unfreeze or give this BsoD WATCHDOG error. I did not want to disable the windows updates illegaly. But if it would start freezes again I would see this KB1000347 is installed and I would just go ahead and uninstall it and in turns back to comppletely normal after a restart. I have proven this many times just to be sure. This final spectre update is what causing my issues. Has anyone faced similar issue?

:)

cyber_chaoskayalidere, Feb 28, 2019
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Feb 28, 2019
  3. airbud7 Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Feb 28, 2019
  4. KB1000347 update causing PC to suddenly freeze and shutdown-sometimes BsoD

Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes

Hi forum,

This has been an ongoing issue for months, and I cannot find out its cause. It has been happening ever since I upgraded the components below:

• Intel Core i5-7600
    • Asus Prime B250-Plus Motherboard
    • Seagate Barracuda, 2TB HDD
    • 2x Crucial CT2K4G4DFS824A 4GB DDR4 RAM
    My first thread was on Tom's Hardware forum when my PC started to show me a BSOD at startup.

As MemTest did not show any RAM errors, I made another thread which seems to have disappeared ever since. A kind member helped me out and was under the impression an unknown driver was causing errors.

It isn't just the BSOD at startup what's wrong with my PC now, so here is a list:

• BSOD at startup, sometimes 2-3 before a correct boot
    • Unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (minor issue, but I think linked to the bigger picture)
    • Random freezing:
      • Does not seem to have a cause
      • Seems to last less long (10 mins) on (visually?) less intensive programs, such as a browser or a small game
      • Sound keeps running (YouTube video plays all the way through, though screen is frozen, game audio is stuck in a ~10 second loop)
      • I wait it out now, when the PC unfreezes usually all applications are suddenly closed
      • When going through the BIOS it froze as well
      • A restart helps momentarily but the PC will freeze again. Waiting out the freeze will usually not cause another freeze
    • Steam suddenly thought two games were no longer installed, but when I tried to reinstall it found all game files
    • Windows is now unable to install an update (error code 0x80073712). It says some files needed by Windows Update are damaged or missing
    • Unable to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 ("There was a problem resetting your PC: no changes were made")
    • PC games have become hard to play recently because of short freezes of <0.5 seconds (sometimes longer). These are more likely to happen when shots/explosions happen, or when my character spawns.
    • I have tried to fix the BOSD by reinstalling my PC twice. Note that with these reinstalls my HDD was untouched (C: is on my SSD)
    I am not a PC expert, but I would think that these issues are linked to a failing disk drive.

I really do hope you could help me out, as you can imagine the pain it is to work with my PC now.

Cheers!

TimVerheijen, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

KB1000347 update causing PC to suddenly freeze and shutdown-sometimes BsoD

1. KB1000347 update causing PC to suddenly freeze and shutdown-sometimes BsoD - Similar Threads - KB1000347 update causing

2. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  3. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  4. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Roblox Sometimes Causing BSODs

Roblox Sometimes Causing BSODs: Hello, I've played Roblox for years and never had any problems until recently. I will open a game and it will generally be fine, but sometimes when I tab back to the game my computer will get a BSOD with "System_Service_Expectation" As the error code. I had this happen twice...
  6. Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD

Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD: Hello, today my computer was just idling, and all of a sudden it shutdown, with no BSOD. Around this time I found the following events in the system event viewer. I am not too sure of the time of shutdown. WHEA- Logger, Event ID 18, for a time of 10:37:04 a bugcheck,...
  7. PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error

PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error: Hello, since i installed windows 10 my pc crashes when im not running a game in the background, if i just browse pages, watch videos or simply stay on windows desktop doing nothing the pc will freeze or crash and im force to hard restart it. The temporary "fix" for this...
  8. Freeze and BSOD sometime ..

Freeze and BSOD sometime ..: Hi , my problem start before 5 months . laptop start to freeze ( can't Alt+Ctrl+Del or anything ) must to force restart 1 time everyday and then start to be 2 , 3 times .. then after freeze sometime BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR i tried format my windows and the...
  9. PC Freezes sometimes

PC Freezes sometimes: one day my pc began to freeze up during a game, so i turned off the pc and turned it back on. Then loged in and some shorcuts on my desktop wouldnt load, my pc would take forever to open programs. Sometimes its starts up fine, work for a good two hours them begins to freeze...
  10. BSOD Sometimes with Freezing

BSOD Sometimes with Freezing: Hello so this problem has been plaguing me since windows 8.1 I just assumed it was the OS and would be fixed with the upgrade to windows 10, I was wrong. It usually starts as my PC is very slow and sluggish and then it either A. BSOD with different codes each time. Or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to uninstall kb1000347

2. kb1000347