Windows 10: KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO

Discus and support KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with this problem. I am a home user & I have no idea how to resolve an issue that presents itself every time I restart my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arrowVX, Jul 19, 2020.

1. arrowVX Win User

KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO

Can anyone help me with this problem. I am a home user & I have no idea how to resolve an issue that presents itself every time I restart my Windows 10 computer.
    "Please insert a disk in USB Drive G:" . Putting a disk in the cd drive did not help. Somehow I found KB 2983588 which led me, eventually to

this page that doesn't seem like a solution for me. It is apparently an on-going problem. See below. I posted this before I realized I don't know how to get back to this page unless somehow my email address is connected to the post

More Information
    For more information about how to enable MPIO, see the following TechNet article:

Installing and Configuring MPIO
    If multiple VHDs are identified as duplicates, use the ResetDiskIdentifier parameter of the Set-VHD Windows PowerShell cmdlet. For more information about the Set-VHD cmdlet, see the following TechNet article:

Set-VHD
    Status
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.

:)

arrowVX, Jul 19, 2020

2. Event ID 3006, 3007 and 10021

Hi John,

Event ID 3006 and 3007 are indeed related to performance counters and 10021 is related to COM Security Configuration and for a possible resolution on this issue, we suggest in checking the post of R.e.e.D from this

thread
    from TechNet to see the steps that you can follow for your concern.

Do tell us the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jul 19, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect.

In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments allocated to my USB card reader for no obvious reason.

Why has it started and how do I stop it?

HairyFool, Jul 19, 2020
  4. SOHO1 Win User

Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers ... KB2983588... doesn't resolve

From the event log:

Disk 4 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.

Let me digress...
    Funny that, as the support forum lists causes that ASSUME the same disk is really being referenced.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2983588
    My disk 4 is one of 4 physical disks.

A Microsoft MVP at technet laughably pointed the user to the Answers community, where I sometimes try to fill in answers from these forums and always point out the forums here are better here.
    I found a post in these forums where the user seemed to enable some raid bios setting, but I don't see anything similar for my laptop.

Suggestions?

SOHO1, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO - Similar Threads - KB2983588 relates Event

2. Product id related information.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product id related information.: My window intake is damaged due to which it is not getting repaired so flash windows installation key but I could not note down the product key but I have the product id. May I know the product key? Yes then how?...
  3. Product id related information.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product id related information.: My window intake is damaged due to which it is not getting repaired so flash windows installation key but I could not note down the product key but I have the product id. May I know the product key? Yes then how?...
  4. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor: In recent days, my desktop crush daily. I noticed it crush when I am using Matlab. But I am pretty sure that it is not caused by stressing the desktop when running codes in Matlab. It sometimes crushes when I am reading the codes without running any codes. Here are the event...
  5. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor: In recent days, my desktop crush daily. I noticed it crush when I am using Matlab. But I am pretty sure that it is not caused by stressing the desktop when running codes in Matlab. It sometimes crushes when I am reading the codes without running any codes. Here are the event...
  6. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker: Hi all, Recently I've been getting this error when I feel that my mouse and keyboard start to glitch out connecting and disconnecting rapidly. I have noticed this also with my wireless headset when gaming for long periods. Could someone point me in the right direction on how...
  8. event id # 274460 relating to an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    event id # 274460 relating to an external hard drive?: anyone getting an event id # 274460 relating to an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/274460/074cff7d-3786-4950-b7b7-82d2932db020
  9. Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader: At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect. In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments allocated to my USB card reader for no obvious reason. Why has it started and how do I stop it?...
  10. Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate

Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate: On every restart, I see this warning message: Disk 1 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. This did not happen on Windows...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB2983588

2. disk 158 kb2983588

3. win10 disk 158