Windows 10: KB3093266 vs. Search

Discus and support KB3093266 vs. Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Update was successfully installed on two computers yesterday, but one of them has a serious error with Search. Earlier today, when I found that Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Not Myself, Oct 1, 2015.

1. KB3093266 vs. Search

Update was successfully installed on two computers yesterday, but one of them has a serious error with Search. Earlier today, when I found that Search was again not working, which was the case until the previous Windows update as I recall, I restarted the computer; this was the second restart since the KB3093266 install, the first to fix what appeared to be a stuck powercfg -requests entry keeping the machine from sleeping. (I don't know if Search was working before that restart, as I don't know if I had even tried it after the update.)

Search worked after this morning's restart, but after the computer went to sleep after its scheduled two-hour non-use interval, Search is once again not working. Other than the use of my ten-pound sledge hammer or my borrowing the Jaws of Life from my former fire department, any suggestions, ideas, "whatevers" to solve this problem?

Later: I have stopped and restarted the Windows Search service; I have rebuilt the Search Index through Control Panel Indexing Options; I have run the Control Panel Troubleshooting option for Search. None of those items have restored Search to a working state/

:)

Not Myself, Oct 1, 2015

2. KB3093266 vs. Search

Kiran: Thank you for your prompt reply. I had already done Steps 1 and some other steps, but not all of Step 2. However, other than that I do not use Cortana, I have found no other problems, and running Parts 1-3 of Step 2 earlier did not report anything
    amiss.

Parts 4-6 of Step 2 now having been done and the machine again restarted, I will now have to wait to see if that fixed the problem. If not, then I will remove KB 3093266, which will, of course, require more waiting to see what transpires.

I will update this when I have any further information.

Oh dear: Just before submitting this, I checked, and found that Search had worked for perhaps all of ten minutes, and has once again failed! I shall remove KB3093266, and see if that restores Search.

GawainTheGreenGiant, Oct 1, 2015
  3. KB3093266 vs. Search

Search was still working when I woke the computer at 0530 today; five minutes later, it had failed again.

This is ridiculous, absurd, annoying, wrong, etc.

I wonder if Kiran will rejoin this thread; if not, it will be at least the third time that I have received a reply from someone identified as a Microsoft Support Engineer who, after I supply the information requested by one such person has never responded
    to my input.

GawainTheGreenGiant, Oct 1, 2015
  4. KB3093266 vs. Search

This is both weird and annoying: I removed KB3093266. which restored Search for several days, then reinstalled the KB; Search then worked for approximately twenty-three hours, whereupon Search failed perhaps five minutes after I had awakened the computer this morning.

No such problem with our other computer.

Not Myself, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

KB3093266 vs. Search

1. KB3093266 vs. Search - Similar Threads - KB3093266 Search

2. How do I restore my Chrome search history and bookmarks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore my Chrome search history and bookmarks?: After windows updated, Chrome also updated, and it deleted all my extensions, bookmarks, and search history. I was logged into my google account at the time, but it wasn't syncing information.I already tried to login with my Google account, but it didn't work. Thank you for...
  3. KB3093266 killed Windows update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3093266 killed Windows update service: So yesterday I installed KB3093266, the update went threw and update fine as far as i knew. After the reboot config system was up. I didnt start to get suspicious till I noticed I never got AC notification about the install, So I reboot notification went threw. I went...
  4. Windows Live Mail not working after installing KB3093266

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail not working after installing KB3093266: Dear all, Installed KB3093266 and after this I can't use Windows Live Mail 2012! Receive errors: [img] Windows is very slow and giving a lot of errors: [img] [img] Can anyone helpme with this please? 24886
  5. Windows10 Update: kb3093266 - What Does It Do?

Windows10 Update: kb3093266 - What Does It Do?: I received a Windows 10 Update #kb3093266 today, and it's now waiting for me to re-start the P.C. to complete the installation. The problem is that I only see one reference to this update on the internet, and it's in Japanese. As usual with Windows10, the link "more...
  6. Updates KB3097617 and KB3093266 repeatedly failing to install

Updates KB3097617 and KB3093266 repeatedly failing to install: Hi all, So I've been struggling for a while with KB3093266 not installing, and now KB3097617 won't install either. They download and do the install prompt, then restart. But upon restarting, it says the updates have failed and reappear in Windows Update. Tried the...
  7. System freezes while browsing after KB3093266

System freezes while browsing after KB3093266: This started shortly after I installed the latest cumulative update a couple of weeks ago. I had been using IE as my default browser, I was in here reading and my whole system locked up. That happened about 3 times, then I moved to FireFox. Under Firefox, it would not freeze...
  8. Update KB3093266

Update KB3093266: hi Some days I try to do Windows 10 update (KB3093266) but does not install. PC restarts after the middle of progress says it was not possible to install. Any solution . sorry my bad english, I'm Portuguese. Thanks 25249
  9. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3093266) - Error 0x8007000d

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3093266) - Error 0x8007000d: Please help, anyone know how to get around it? 25674
  10. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266).

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266).: Go this today. More info if available would be appreciated! 24754
Tags: