Windows 10: KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result.

Discus and support KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have keep installing all the updates recently, including security and functional ones. I don't think it's possible that I didn't install any older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HGW_TW, Aug 21, 2022.

1. HGW_TW Win User

KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result.

I have keep installing all the updates recently, including security and functional ones. I don't think it's possible that I didn't install any older security update. Should I install it?

:)

HGW_TW, Aug 21, 2022

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result. a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 21, 2022
  3. Windows search missing results

thankyou

RonaldGariepy, Aug 21, 2022
  4. KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result.

Windows search missing results

Hello,

I have some users who all suddenly started reporting incomplete/inaccurate search results on networked drives. When using windows search to look for files by name, results which should appear simply do not.

I have already done the following.

1) Cleared and rebuild the search indexes on the server and workstations

2) Added the networked drives to a library on the workstations

3) applied all the latest windows updates

Any help or troubleshooting steps would be most appreciated.

Frank V Ricciardi, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result.

1. KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result. - Similar Threads - KB3172729 suddenly appeared

2. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  3. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  4. KB3172729 suddenly appeared as necessary to be installed on servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB3172729 suddenly appeared as necessary to be installed on servers: Hi everyone,we have a number of servers not clients which suddenly want to install KB3172729. This is an update from 2016 so we have no idea why it is suddenly needed now, 6 years later. has there been no other update so far which superseded the KB3172729 ?Does anyone have a...
  5. KB3172729 suddenly appeared as necessary to be installed on servers

KB3172729 suddenly appeared as necessary to be installed on servers: Hi everyone,we have a number of servers not clients which suddenly want to install KB3172729. This is an update from 2016 so we have no idea why it is suddenly needed now, 6 years later. has there been no other update so far which superseded the KB3172729 ?Does anyone have a...
  6. KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result.

KB3172729 suddenly appeared in my update search result.: I have keep installing all the updates recently, including security and functional ones. I don't think it's possible that I didn't install any older security update. Should I install it?...
  7. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  8. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  9. Search results wont appear

10. Update error: (KB3172729) - Error 0x80248007 - continues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update error: (KB3172729) - Error 0x80248007 - continues: Hi, With the latest ransomware troubles it would be great to get this fixed. It has been a problem since last August. Have tried everything I can think of including manual updates - no luck. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks! 84480