Windows 10: KB3199209 Borked Start Screen

Discus and support KB3199209 Borked Start Screen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After this update: 1) all prior restore points are gone; and 2) I can't drag and drop to rearrange live tiles without crashing the start screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by James Callan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. KB3199209 Borked Start Screen

After this update:

1) all prior restore points are gone; and

2) I can't drag and drop to rearrange live tiles without crashing the start screen.

Nice work MS!

:)

James Callan, Oct 21, 2016
  2. atkinss65 Win User

Video glitches and BSODs after KB3199209 installed

After having KB3199209 installed I'm seeing video glitches (pixel dropouts and screen blanking) together with BSODs.

The crashes are logged as Kernel-Power Event Id 41

Seems unlikely that this is a hardware error because it only started happening on the 18th October which was the very day that KB3199209 was installed.

I could uninstall KB3199209 but as it seems to be impossible to stop Win10 from performing updates I assume it will just get reinstalled.

The machine is only a few months old. Core i7 with Nvidia 950M graphics.

Any suggestions?

atkinss65, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Lenovo touch screen running Windows 10 not connecting to the internet

I have a Lenovo touch screen desktop running Windows 10 and it won't connect to the internet. This happened after the last update KB3199209. It has also been giving me a register error

Isaiah Miller, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

KB3199209 Borked Start Screen

Try running sfc /scannow for an admin command prompt to check/repair your system files. Does the start menu work in other accounts? if so, you might have a corrupt user account. Are you making regular system backups e.g. using Macrium Reflect to easily recover from problems like this?

Steve C, Oct 21, 2016
  5. Thanks. SFC revealed no issues.

Looks like it is Nvidia's latest driver, 375.57, per thread in this forum.

Rolled back one version, 373.06, and the problem is gone. Apparently it is a "known issue."

Thanks again.

James Callan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

KB3199209 Borked Start Screen

1. KB3199209 Borked Start Screen - Similar Threads - KB3199209 Borked Start

2. Chrome borked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome borked: I fire up my laptop this AM to start work as chrome is brokenthankfully I had an installer o a USB stickI naturally accuse Redmond of being over zealous and shoving Edge down everyone's throat...
  3. Chrome borked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome borked: I fire up my laptop this AM to start work as chrome is brokenthankfully I had an installer o a USB stickI naturally accuse Redmond of being over zealous and shoving Edge down everyone's throat...
  4. Windows security is borked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security is borked.: I decided to check my Windows Security, which I don't do very often - I just let it do its thing in the background. The last time I checked it, several weeks ago, everything was normal. This time, not so much. I have that LSA protection issue that's mentioned in several other...
  5. Windows Update "1903" borking sign in screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update "1903" borking sign in screen: After Windows 10 "1903" update in august, the sign in screen kept flashing around to notifications, sign in box, other places, but never staying long enough to sign in. After Microsoft help to start in safe and restore previous update everything was back to normal. Now it...
  6. windows 10 start menu search borked yet again

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 start menu search borked yet again: This is the 3rd time I've dealt with this on 3 different computers. The most recent software that I installed is not being shown when I type it's name in the start menu. Why are these results part of indexing. DO I really need to rebuild the index just to have the start...
  7. Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3199209)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3199209): This just downloaded and installed. Anyone know what it is? Tried to search MS but didn't come up with anything. Very small update. For more details: Update KB3199209 for Windows 10 version 1607 Brink, might want to delete this thread, no point in keeping this as a...
  8. Bitdefender Install Borked It???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitdefender Install Borked It???: I've been getting BSOD's periodically ever since installing a trial version of Bit Defender last Sunday. Going back with a pre-install restore point did not help. Tried that again today, but the restore failed and all the restore point files were gone after reboot. I've also...
  9. KB3199209 sleep/hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Support
    KB3199209 sleep/hibernate issue: Hi, First post here, so go easy on me. Yesterday one of my W10A(1607) PC's happily and automatically downloaded and installed KB3199209. Since then, I have notice some strange behavior w/r to sleep/hibernation. Typically, when not in use, the PC is put into hybrid...
  10. Update KB3199209 for Windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 News
    Update KB3199209 for Windows 10 version 1607: New servicing stack update version 1607 via Windows Update on PCs. Servicing stack update for Windows 10 Version 1607: October 18, 2016 Summary This update makes stability improvements for the Windows 10 Version 1607 servicing stack. How to get this update...
Tags: